View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 07:53 PM   #2529
sc magnolia
Creative Crew SU Design Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyes View Post
ok -- i need help.

i'm signed up for my very first craft show in about 3 weeks ---- i've been checking out the threads, and posted and stuff, but i'm really feeling like i don't know what i'm doing ---

so, how many "things" do i need? how do i figure out a price point?
what the heck did i get into?

not to mention how to set up a table -- sigh.

and -- am i crazy? i'm thinking about offering some make and takes -- something simple and cute -- and charge a buck to make it --- i'm also trying to promote my "business" -- i'd like to offer classes and workshops on techniques and stuff -- so i thought this would be a neat way to promote that ---

sigh. any tips, or help would be greatly appreciated!

--diane
I looked in your gallery and on your etsy page. Your things are very well done!! You're going to do just fine
I'd suggest covering your table with a nice cloth, and make some kind of display that will bring the eye up... vertical. A lot of the girls on here say they use easels. How about one of those science fair boards? Maybe put some things on there for display not necessarily for sale. Pricing depends somewhat on your location, but I know that people like cheap things. I wouldn't just give your things away though.

Hey, I know! The Stamp Doc has an article on Craft Fairs and she talks about pricing. Maybe that will help you.
Craft Fairs---Part 1 - The Stamp Doc
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!