Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 08-19-2011, 02:04 PM   #1  
Gallery Gazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MASTER THREAD: ABC/123 VSBN

Title: ABC/123 VSBN: Letters A/B
Hostess: Mary Pat (Mary_Pat419)
Keyword: Fall11MiniVSBN1
Day/Date: Friday, August 19, 2011
Time: 6PM

Welcome to our Fall VSBN Academy. During your time here you will work on your personal ABC Album, the Subject is yours to choose. Each Academy Teacher will share with you what Subject they chose. You are to work on the Letters that they share with you. However, you do not need to use their word (unless you want too). The challenge will be their 1-2-3 steps below. Enjoy and be sure to share your page here and to use the correct keyword. Read the rules below your Teacher's challenge to be sure to get included for and Award or Recognition. Need a Subject idea? Check out this site for inspiration: ABC Album Ideas

For my ABC album, I have decided to work on my DD1s High School Memories. She just started her Sophmore year this past Monday (so this truly is a Back To School week for us!) and I didn't want to fall behind by waiting until her Senior year...our memories aren't that good and she may forget names as the years go on ;-)

My challenge:
Choose 1 SCS layout from your Favorites for your A or B page
Use 2 or more photos
Use 3 types of papers

Here are my SAMPLE page: Letter A, Letter B

Here is the GALLERY for this challenge...leave a little luv for everyone!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. To be considered for VSBN Recognition, ALL CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Sunday, August 28, 2011 using the correct Keyword. Each letter can be represented as an upload either individuall or as a double page spread.

2. You have a total 2 working hours to complete the challenge (the concept is you can complete 1 page for each letter represented using the challenge as a guide). For contest purposes, 1 'Letter' per participant per challenge will be eligible to earn award/recognition. For example: if you complete 2+ 'A' indivdual pages for this challenge, and upload each of them to the gallery you can only win one award/recognition for only one of your pages; other 'A' pages are part of the gallery to share but cannot win any award/recognition. If you upload a double page spread for 1 Letter as one upload, it will be considered one upload; please do not upload the pages individually or they will not be considered a double page spread.

3. It is the VSBN Challenge Host's decision to award/recognize pages that best represent her challenge based on the criteria in the challenge. Please be sure to write your description of how you interpreted his/her challenge in your Upload Description.

4. Please remember to put in the correct KEYWORD: Fall11MiniVSBN1 when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission may not be seen for consideration. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure you layout is seen by the host and all visitors.

Last edited by Mary_Pat419; 08-19-2011 at 02:22 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Arrow ABC / 123 Mini VSBN : Letters C & D

Title: ABC/123 VSBN: Letters C/D
Hostess: Lela (scs: LMN)
Keyword: Fall11MiniVSBN2
Day/Date: Friday, August 19, 2011
Time: 8:00 PM EST

Welcome to our Fall VSBN Academy. During your time here you will work on your personal ABC Album, the Subject is yours to choose. Each Academy Teacher will share with you what Subject they chose. You are to work on the Letters that they share with you. However, you do not need to use their word (unless you want too). The challenge will be their 1-2-3 steps below. Enjoy and be sure to share your page here and to use the correct keyword. Read the rules below your Teacher's challenge to be sure to get included for any Award or Recognition.

I've done very few Mini-Albums previously but I do hope to complete one soon! My Mini-(A-B-C) Album is going to be a Christmas Gift for my Mom! We just recently had our first Family Reunion for her side of the family. It took me alot of prodding to get her Brothers to agree to get together but I know they had a great time and are glad we did. I even had a professional photographer come and take pictures because I wanted to be sure we got some good ones but I got some great shots as well (haha!).

My 1-2-3 challenge to you is to write (1) "letter" to someone as your journaling for your page. You can type, stamp or handwrite. Use a (2) Word Title and (3) of the same embellishment

Here are my Sample Pages: LetterC - Celebrate Life!, Letter D - Dear Mom

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. To be considered for VSBN Recognition, ALL CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Sunday, August 28, 2011 using the correct Keyword. Each letter can be represented as an upload either individuall or as a double page spread.

2. You have a totall 2 working hours to complete the challenge (the concept is you can complete 1 page for each letter represented using the challenge as a guide). For contest purposes, 1 'Letter' per participant per challenge will be eligible to earn award/recognition. For example: if you complete 2+ 'A' indivdual pages for this challenge, and upload each of them to the gallery you can only win one award/recognition for only one of your pages; other 'A' pages are part of the gallery to share but cannot win any award/recognition. If you upload a double page spread for 1 Letter as one upload, it will be considered one upload; please do not upload the pages individually or they will not be considered a double page spread.

3. It is the VSBN Challenge Host's decision to award/recognize pages that best represent her challenge based on the criteria in the challenge. Please be sure to write your description of how you interpreted his/her challenge in your Upload Description.

4. Please remember to put in the correct KEYWORD:
Fall11MiniVSBN2
when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission may not be seen for consideration. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure you layout is seen by the host and all visitors.
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Title: ABC/123 VSBN: Letters E/F
Hostess: Wendy (scs: wendella247)
Keyword: Fall11MiniVSBN3
Day/Date: Saturday, August 20, 2011
Time: 12:00 PM (noon) EST

Welcome to our Fall VSBN Academy. During your time here you will work on your personal ABC Album, the Subject is yours to choose. Each Academy Teacher will share with you what Subject they chose. You are to work on the Letters that they share with you. However, you do not need to use their word (unless you want to). The challenge will be their 1-2-3 steps below. Enjoy and be sure to share your page here and to use the correct keyword for my challenge(Fall11MiniVSBN3). Read the rules below your Teacher's challenge to be sure to get included for any Award or Recognition.

I've never created an ABC album before, so this is a new and exciting project for me! I've decided to make my book an 8�x8� size and to use a DOG theme, since I�ve been wanting to make a book about our two Springer Spaniels, Cassie & Bailey, both of whom we loved very much and who are now in doggie heaven.

You can make your pages and album a different size, of course, I just decided to do an 8"x8".

My 1-2-3 challenge will be the same for both pages:

1 - Use only 1 piece of chipboard on each page (just one per page.) (If you're doing digi pages, you can use anything that has some dimension or beveling, adding some depth to look like chipboard.)
2 - Use only 2 patterned papers (not counting the main background paper which can have a light design.)
3 - Use 3 circular embellishments, no more, no less (brads, circular-style stamps, eyelets, circular punches, circular stickers, etc., etc., but only 3 per page.)

In addition, you may use other items, solid papers, including mats, embellies, charms, stamped items, etc., etc., but to qualify for an award, be sure to only use the designated number per my above 1-2-3 challenge items.

Here are my Sample Pages: Letter E, Letter F

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. To be considered for VSBN Recognition, ALL CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Sunday, August 28, 2011 using the correct Keyword. Each letter can be represented as an upload either individually or as a double page spread.

2. You have a total or 2 working hours to complete the challenge (the concept is you can complete 1 page for each letter represented using the challenge as a guide). For contest purposes, 1 'Letter' per participant per challenge will be eligible to earn award/recognition. For example: if you complete 2+ 'A' indivdual pages for this challenge, and upload each of them to the gallery you can only win one award/recognition for only one of your pages; other 'A' pages are part of the gallery to share but cannot win any award/recognition. If you upload a double page spread for 1 Letter as one upload, it will be considered one upload; please do not upload the pages individually or they will not be considered a double page spread.

4. Please remember to put in the correct KEYWORD for my challenge: Fall11MiniVSBN3 when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission may not be seen for consideration. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout is seen by the host and all visitors.

Click here to: Join us for the Scrapbook Challenges!!
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,489 Posts

Title: ABC/123 VSBN: Letters G/H
Hostess: Sharon (smadson)
Keyword: Fall11MiniVSBN4
Day/Date: Saturday, August 20, 2011
Time: 2:00 PM EST

Welcome to our Fall VSBN Academy. During your time here you will work on your personal ABC Album, the Subject is yours to choose. You are to work on the Letters that they share with you. However, you do not need to use their word (unless you want too). The challenge will be their 1-2-3 steps below. Enjoy and be sure to share your page here and to use the correct keyword. for my challenge: Fall11MiniVSBN4

I have never done an ABC Album before. But I have chosen to do Grandma's Grandkids ABC Album. Most of the photos I have are grandchildren, so I thought it would be fun to use up the ones I didn't use in my regular album. I am doing an 8x8 album, but some are doing the 12x12. Whatever your theme, or whatever your size, I hope you will enjoy making it. If you do all the challenges you will have a completed album A-Z at the end of VSBN!
When I was given letters GH, it immediately brought to mind Good Housekeeping magazine! I used to take it all the time. It had great recipes, great Housekeeping tips, and home designs.

So this is what I came up for a challenge!
1. We need a recipe! That would be journaling.
2. Clean house, toss it or use it! Use 2 somethings that you forgot you had or have never used. Digi girls, maybe something you collected on a blog train and never used.
3. Home design. Perfect kitchen design, easy access to stove, sink, refrigerator. Use at least 3 photos

Challenge Translation
1 journaling block
2 embellishments or papers gathering dust in your stash
3 or more photos
Be sure and tell us what you found to use.

Bonus if you do all three on both pages! Bonus is Sharon's Good Housekeeping Stamp of approval!

Whatever you do or however you use it, have fun with this challenge!
Here is my two page G H sample
Here is the GALLERY for this challenge

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

2. You have a totall 2 working hours to complete the challenge (the concept is you can complete 1 page for each letter represented using the challenge as a guide). For contest purposes, 1 'Letter' per participant per challenge will be eligible to earn award/recognition. For example: if you complete 2+ 'A' indivdual pages for this challenge, and upload each of them to the gallery you can only win one award/recognition for only one of your pages; other 'A' pages are part of the gallery to share but cannot win any award/recognition. If you upload a double page spread for 1 Letter as one upload, it will be considered one upload; please do not upload the pages individually or they will not be considered a double page spread.

Fall11MiniVSBN4 when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission may not be seen for consideration. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Gallery Gazer

Title: ABC/123 VSBN: EXTRA CREDIT ASSIGNMENT
Hostess: Mary Pat (Mary_Pat419)
Keyword: Fall11VSBNextra
Day/Date: Friday, September 23, 2011
Time: 4:00 PM EST

Welcome to our Fall VSBN Academy. During your time here you will work on your personal ABC Album, the Subject is yours to choose. You are to work on the Letters that they share with you. However, you do not need to use their word (unless you want too). The challenge will be their 1-2-3 steps below. Enjoy and be sure to share your page here and to use the correct keyword Fall11VSBNextra

Here's a little extra credit assignment (or just to get
an extra page done :cool. No book is truly complete without a Title Page! A title page is what introduces your reader to the book you've created.

Here are your three steps for your title page:

1 Completed Title Page
2 Decorative Items
3 or more....surprise us and you choose!*

This extra credit is for you to take charge and be creative! Now, if I was a good Teacher I would have a sample for you to look at but that's not the case today! :lol: The Gallery will start when the first Student puts in the keyword so be sure to link your Title Pages to this thread! *Be sure to let us know what your 3 or more is on your uploaded page description.

GALLERY

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. To be considered for VSBN Recognition, ALL CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Sunday, October 2, 2011 using the correct Keyword. Each letter can be represented as an upload either individuall or as a double page spread.
2. You have a totall 2 working hours to complete the challenge and this is a Single Page Only!
4. Please remember to put in the correct KEYWORD: Fall11VSBNextra when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission may not be seen for consideration. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure you layout is seen by the host and all visitors.

Last edited by Mary_Pat419; 09-24-2011 at 08:15 AM..
Kookie Creator

Title: ABC/123 VSBN: Letters I/J
Hostess: Lura (lurasfaith)
Keyword: Fall11VSBN5
Day/Date: Friday, Sept. 23rd
Time: 6:00 pm EST

Welcome to our Fall VSBN Academy. During your time here you will work on your personal ABC Album, the Subject is yours to choose. Each Academy Teacher will share with you what Subject they chose. You are to work on the Letters that they share with you. However, you do not need to use their word (unless you want too). The challenge will be their 1-2-3 steps below. Enjoy and be sure to share your page here and to use the correct keyword. Read the rules below your Teacher's challenge to be sure to get included for any Award or Recognition.

I am so excited to be kicking off the main event! I've chosen a sports career album for my oldest son so of course my challenge is a sports related one!

My challenge to you:

1. Before starting any games, meets, or matches you must have practices. The athletes begin the season a little rusty because after all it has been almost a year since the last season. So to represent the rough days ahead, there must be some distressing on your page.

2. After a few weeks of practice comes the regular season. At the end of every game the athletes from both teams line up to shake hands and congratulate each other on a good game. So in honor of the line-up, there must be something on your page in a straight line. It could be a line of embellishments, photos, or even a line of journaling.

3. When all the regular season games have been played, the best of the best meets for the championship and the winner receives a trophy or a medal. Because we are all winners, there must be something metal on your page, brads, clips, eyelets, whatever screams champion to you.

I hope you have fun with this challenge and the rest of VSBN!

Here are my Sample Pages: Letter I Letter J

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. To be considered for VSBN Recognition, ALL CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Sunday, October 2, 2011 using the correct Keyword. Each letter can be represented as an upload either individuall or as a double page spread.

4. Please remember to put in the correct KEYWORD: Fall11VSBN5, when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission may not be seen for consideration. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Default VSBN ABC/123 -- Challenge I & J

Title: ABC/123 VSBN: Letters K / L
Hostess: Lela (scs: LMN)
Keyword: Fall11VSBN6
Day/Date: Friday, September 23, 2011
Time: 8:00 PM EST

I've done very few Mini-Albums previously but I do hope to complete one soon! My Mini-(A-B-C) Album is going to be a Christmas Gift for my Mom! We just recently had our first Family Reunion for her side of the family. It took me alot of prodding to get her Brothers to agree to get together but I know they had a great time and are glad we did. I even had a professional photographer come and take pictures because I wanted to be sure we got some good ones but I got some great shots as well (haha!).

My CHALLENGE to you is for K & L

--- Here's your choice ---
(1) you can do 2 separate pages and use the K & L Challenges separately
(2) do a 2 page layout and select (3) items from the (2) lists below

K - K - K - K - K - K - K - K - K - K - K - K - K - K - K - K - K - K - K - K - K
(1) KEEP It Together -- put your pictures or your embellishments in a kluster -- thus keeping them all together
(2) Knots-- Make sure to have a knot or 2 of ribbon, fiber or twine on your page
(3) Kindergarten -- Remember that old saying, "All I Really Need to Know, I learned in Kindergarten". It's HERE. Pick one of the phrases from the list and use it as Inspiration on your page.

L - L - L - L - L - L - L - L - L - L - L - L - L - L - L - L - L - L - L - L - L - L
(1) Leaves -- It's Fall, time to add Leaves to your page
(2) Lyrics -- It's a good time to add song Lyrics to your page as the title, journaling or embellishment
(3) Lettering or Lists -- Find a fun font for your title or journaling or if you didn't add Lyrics for your journaling add a List

Here are my Sample Pages: Letter K, LetterL

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

Fall11VSBN6
when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission may not be seen for consideration. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Insane Embellisher

Default ABC/123 VSBN Letters M and N

Title: ABC/123 VSBN: Letters M and N
Hostess: Chantsie
Keyword: Fall11VSBN7
Day/Date: Saturday, September 24
Time: 4pm

My Godchild Jude is starting kindergarten this year, and I have decided to create this album for him. It seems that only yesterday he was a little baby in my arms!!! Jude is growing to be a responsible little boy as he looks after his two little brothers.

My word for the letter M is “many-sided”. Jude is a careful boy and is not one to jump into a situation without knowing he is going to be safe! On the other hand, he is very much the little boy, wanting to play and get in as many fun times as he can!

I have decided to use a French word, which I found in an English Webster’s dictionary, for the letter N – “nonpareil”. There is no one like Jude, he is a unique little boy. I can already see how particular he is about certain things and he is very much his own person already!!!

You are free to choose your own words for each challenge, but you should include the criteria from 1, 2 and 3 below:

1 – Have at least one photo per layout.

2 – Choose at least two embellishments for each page, such as ribbon and flowers, or rhinestones and stickers.

3 – Use at least three colours on each page or layout (if you do a two page layout the colours can be the same on both pages).

The letters M and N must appear in your title or somewhere prominent on your page.

Here are my Sample Pages: Letter M, Letter N

Here is the GALLERY for this challenge... leave a little love for everyone!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. To be considered for VSBN Recognition, ALL CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Sunday, October 2, 2011 using the correct Keyword. Each letter can be represented as an upload either individual or as a double page spread.

2. You have a total 2 working hours to complete the challenge (the concept is you can complete 1 page for each letter represented using the challenge as a guide). For contest purposes, 1 'Letter' per participant per challenge will be eligible to earn award/recognition. For example: if you complete 2+ 'A' individual pages for this challenge, and upload each of them to the gallery you can only win one award/recognition for only one of your pages; other 'A' pages are part of the gallery to share but cannot win any award/recognition. If you upload a double page spread for 1 Letter as one upload, it will be considered one upload; please do not upload the pages individually or they will not be considered a double page spread.

4. Please remember to put in the correct KEYWORD: Fall11VSBN7, when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission may not be seen for consideration. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Last edited by Chantsie; 09-24-2011 at 12:51 PM.. Reason: Clarification!
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Location: In the '82 Los Angeles underground, looking to hire...The A-Team.

Title: ABC/123 VSBN: Letters O/P
Hostess: Melissa (mollymoo951)
Keyword: Fall11VSBN8
Day/Date: Saturday, September 24, 2011
Time: 6 PM EST

Welcome to our Fall VSBN Academy. During your time here you will work on your personal ABC Album, the Subject is yours to choose. Each Academy Teacher will share with you what Subject they chose. You are to work on the Letters that they share with you. However, you do not need to use their word (unless you want too). The challenge will be their 1-2-3 steps below. Enjoy and be sure to share your page here and to use the correct keyword. Read the rules below your Teacher's challenge to be sure to get included for an Award or Recognition. Need a Subject idea? Check out this thread for inspiration!

For my ABC album, I have decided to work on my DS baby book. I have so many random pictures from his childhood that are just to cute to not scrap and show off! An ABC album seems to fit the bill!

Your assignment is using the letters are O & P. For my O word, I chose the phrase OH BOY! for the times I uttered those words! For my P, I chose pictures of the pets we had during his first five years.

Your challenge, using the letters O & P:
  1. Since this IS the Fall 2011 VSBN Academy, you cannot leave without trying something new. So, choose ONE new to you technique to use in creating your O and/or P pages. You can find technique ideas HERE:Try a New Technique Challenges Forum: Monday's Technique Lover's Challenge
  2. Be inspired by a favorite sketch - a card sketch or a scrap map. Choose one and use it TWO times. Flip it for the second page.
  3. Embellishments in clusters of THREE are a great feature; provide this feature. It can be a row of three pictures, a row of the same three brads�any one thing in a set of three.
Here are my SAMPLE page: Letter O, Letter P

I did my P page first...so I'll share that one first.

For my P page, I doodled (#1) the black border with four groups of three (#3) faux stitched "x" clusters. I also added two groups of three (#3) clear dew drops above the photos and below the "t" in my title. I flipped (#2) the Sally Sketch SBSC263. I may or may not add a journaling block to this page for the third picture, shown in the sketch. My letter is highlighted with a mollymoo crafted 3-D block, complete with mitered corners (#1). I do like making my own embellishments. This one is going to be made as I go...and that technique is definitely new to me...LOL. And I've got to do 26 of 'em. What was I thinking? :lol: (Usually, I make a stash of embellishments and use them later. This time, I'm making them as I go.)

For my O page, I flipped the sketch again! (#2) I stitched on my page! With a sewing machine! (#1) It's so fun to stitch on the page! This is the first time I have successfully stitched on a SB page! For groups of three...check out the triangle of dew drops on the bottom left corner! Again, there's the custom mollymoo 3-D block (#1). I love Marina Mist. It's a gorgeous color!

Here's both pages!

MSM's DS ABC Book Letters O & P by mollymoo951 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Good luck on your pages! Have fun! I can't wait to see them!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. To be considered for VSBN Recognition, ALL CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST on Sunday, October 2, 2011 using the correct Keyword. Each letter can be represented as an upload either individuall or as a double page spread.

2. You have a total 2 working hours to complete the challenge (the concept is you can complete 1 page for each letter represented using the challenge as a guide). For contest purposes, 1 'Letter' per participant per challenge will be eligible to earn award/recognition. For example: if you complete 2+ 'A' indivdual pages for this challenge, and upload each of them to the gallery you can only win one award/recognition for only one of your pages; other 'A' pages are part of the gallery to share but cannot win any award/recognition. If you upload a double page spread for 1 Letter as one upload, it will be considered one upload; please do not upload the pages individually or they will not be considered a double page spread.

4. Please remember to put in the correct KEYWORD: Fall11VSBN8 when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission may not be seen for consideration. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Thumbnails
MASTER THREAD: ABC/123 VSBN-msms-ds-baby-book-o1-100_1328.jpg   MASTER THREAD: ABC/123 VSBN-msm-baby-book-p1-100_1326.jpg   MASTER THREAD: ABC/123 VSBN-msms-ds-abc-o-p-100_1330.jpg  

Never give up, just practice, stay positive and have fun!

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.

Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Location: At the end of a dead-end dirt road, 45.9484° N, 93.0754° W. Founded as a lumber camp in the 1870s,
Received 508 Likes on 352 Posts

Title: ABC/123 VSBN: Letters Q & R
Hostess: Vikki (vikkijo)
Keyword: Fall11VSBN9
Day/Date: Saturday, Sept 24th
Time: 8 pm EST

My Subject is �What�s Around Me.� Since my kids are grown and gone from the house, I take pics of my gardens and critters. My youngest son likes to look at the pics of my critters and he always asks 'how's this plant or that one.' Andy had bought me several his senior year and he�s like a �daddy� hee hee. I made a label on my blog �What�s Around Me� so he can see them without scrolling through all of my cards too

My challenge to you is
1 Check out Scrap Maps
� and choose 1 Sketch
2. Use at least 2 layers on your page
3. Add 3 Embellishments; Brads, Hardware, Fiber, Ribbon whatever is around you! :smile:

Here are my Sample Pages: Quick and Robins
Here is the GALLERY for this challenge...leave a little love for everyone!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. To be considered for VSBN Recognition, ALL CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST on Sunday, October 2, 2011 using the correct Keyword. Each letter can be represented as an upload either individual or as a double page spread.

2. You have a total 2 working hours to complete the challenge (the concept is you can complete 1 page for each letter represented using the challenge as a guide). For contest purposes, 1 'Letter' per participant per challenge will be eligible to earn award/recognition. For example: if you complete 2+ 'A' individual pages for this challenge, and upload each of them to the gallery you can only win one award/recognition for only one of your pages; other 'A' pages are part of the gallery to share but cannot win any award/recognition. If you upload a double page spread for 1 Letter as one upload, it will be considered one upload; please do not upload the pages individually or they will not be considered a double page spread.

4. Please remember to put in the correct KEYWORD:Fall11VSBN9 when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission may not be seen for consideration. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure you layout is seen by the host and all visitors
Glitter Guru

Title: ABC/123 VSBN Letters S/T
Hostess: Michele (fmtinsley)
Keyword: Fall11VSBN10
Day/Date: Saturday, Sept 24
Time: 10:00 PM EST

Welcome to our Fall VSBN Academy. During your time here you will work on your personal ABC Album, the Subject is yours to choose. Each Academy Teacher will share with you what Subject they chose. You are to work on the Letters that they share with you. However, you do not need to use their word (unless you want too). The challenge will be their 1-2-3 steps below. Enjoy and be sure to share your page here and to use the correct keyword. Read the rules below your Teacher's challenge to be sure to get included for and Award or Recognition.

If you have been following along with the challenges thus far, you are almost done with your A-Z album! If you haven't, no worries, just jump right in here and you can go back and catch up with the other challenges as time permits. I am having so much fun with this VSBN. I decided to do a Disney theme from our last trip to Disney World. An A-Z album is a great way to do a summary album of sorts. This album is just the highlights of our trip for us to enjoy while I work on our big album. It's great to feel like I have accomplished something too.

My challenge:
Use 1 photo
Use 2 patterned papers
Use 3 colors (you do not have to count white & black)

My sample pages:
S is for Stitch
T is for Tinkerbell

Here is the GALLERY for this challenge...leave a little luv for everyone! Letters S/T

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. To be considered for VSBN Recognition, ALL CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Sunday, Oct. 2, 2011 using the correct Keyword (Fall11VSBN10). Each letter can be represented as an upload either individuall or as a double page spread.

4. Please remember to put in the correct KEYWORD: Fall11VSBN10 when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission may not be seen for consideration. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Insane Embellisher

Default Fall VSBN Letters U and V

Title: ABC/123 VSBN: Letters U and V
Hostess: Chantsie
Keyword: Fall11VSBN11
Day/Date: Sunday, September 25, 2011
Time: 4pm EST

My Godchild Jude is starting kindergarten this year, and I have decided to create this album for him. It seems that only yesterday he was a little baby in my arms!!! Jude was a colicky baby, and my sister spent many hours trying to comfort him while he cried. It was not an easy time for her, and I remember feeling sad for her that her first experience with motherhood was such a trying one.

I have chosen the word �uphill� for the letter U because I feel that in scrapbooking it�s important to reflect all that life has to offer, even the difficult times!

For the letter V, I have chosen the word �very�, because I plan to have a list of qualities I think my sister has. I want him to know how much he and his mom are loved and how alike they are already.

You are free to choose your own words for each challenge, but you should include the criteria from 1, 2, and 3 below:

1 � Create 1 of the layouts to reflect something that has been challenging for you or a loved one. It can be a photo or written in your journaling.
2 � Have at least 2 journaling blocks or areas (one for each page).
3 � Find at least 3 nice things to say about the person your layout is about � especially if it�s about you!!!!

The letters U and V must appear in your title or somewhere prominent on your page.

Bonus marks! 1 + 2 = 3 Add 1 embellishment of one kind plus 2 embellishments of another kind to equal three embellishments per page! Example : 1 flower plus 2 tags equals 3 embellishments!!!!

Here are my Sample Pages: LetterU, LetterV

Here is the GALLERY for this challenge... leave a little love for everyone!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. To be considered for VSBN Recognition, ALL CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Sunday, October 2, 2011 using the correct Keyword. Each letter can be represented as an upload either individual or as a double page spread.

4. Please remember to put in the correct KEYWORD: Fall11VSBN11, when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission may not be seen for consideration. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Last edited by Chantsie; 09-25-2011 at 11:52 AM.. Reason: Adding Title!
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Title: ABC/123 VSBN: Letters W/X
Hostess: Patty (pattyb)
Keyword: Fall11VSBN12
Time: 6PM EST

Welcome to our Fall VSBN Academy. During your time here you will work on your personal ABC Album, the Subject is yours to choose. Each Academy Teacher will share with you what Subject they chose. You are to work on the Letters that they share with you. However, you do not need to use their word (unless you want too). The challenge will be their 1-2-3 steps below. Enjoy and be sure to share your page here and to use the correct keyword. Read the rules below your Teacher's challenge to be sure to get included for and Award or Recognition. Need a Subject idea? Check out this thread for inspiration!

We�re getting to the end of our album! My challenge is brought to you by the letters W & X. Such lonely letters don�t you think? Sitting out there at the end, especially X, poor guy he rarely gets to have any fun! For my ABC album, I have decided to work on a "Cousins" album and I wanted to go with fun and funky words for each letter of the alphabet.

My challenge to you is to give these lonely letters a fun and funky time! You can do two independent pages (such as I've done) or a two page layout, just have fun with it!

Choose:
1. Tag art layout, choose from here: http://www.pagemaps.com/images/2007%...007tagmaps.pdf OR Here http://www.pagemaps.com/images/2009/...b09TagMaps.pdf
2. Patterned papers
3. Shapes - This can be punches, die cuts, stamps, etc.

Here are my SAMPLE pages:
W Is For Whimsical

X Is For Xenocracy

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. To be considered for VSBN Recognition, ALL CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST on Sunday, October 2, 2011 using the correct Keyword. Each letter can be represented as an upload either individual or as a double page spread.

4. Please remember to put in the correct KEYWORD: Fall11VSBN12 when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission may not be seen for consideration. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Thumbnails
MASTER THREAD: ABC/123 VSBN-cousins-024.jpg   MASTER THREAD: ABC/123 VSBN-cousins-025.jpg  

Love SU!? Join the Crew!
The CreativeCrew <The Gallery
CreativeCrew Play Along <The Challenges
Bunny's SunnyChick

Title: ABC/123 VSBN: Letters Y/Z
Hostess: Tracy (stampin-sunnychick)
Keyword: FALLVSBN13
Time: 8 PM EST

AWESOME job EVERYONE! You made it to the end...Y and Z! YIPPEEE
I hope you have enjoyed A-X and are ready to finish up. Let's get started.
Y and Z..."now I sang my ABC's, won't you sing again with me?" LOL :razz:
Since this is what I keep thinking of my hubby and I come up with Your Bests. When you think of the end of something you either want to start over again (sing it again) or reflect on the end results (Z). Maybe you want to share it with someone (sing it again with me).

Y is Your Bests- anything in Your Life that was special or memorable that you have hid away in your heart...now put it on a page to last a lifetime.
Z is Zany for our wild card...not much you can do with Z's so we need to be creative in our thinking. With a wild card you get options. You can choose Zany to end this book or Wild Card (anything) to end with a card that you have received that was treasured from someone you cherish. Add the card to your page if you so choose.

1- Music notes or wavy lines in your background. Music is a huge part of my life as I am sure it is yours. Create wavy lines or music notes on your page. This can be done with paper, hand drawn, anything goes.
2- Use black on your page (music notes are black =). Either to accent photos by matting or layering or as accents.
3- Ahh our Wild Card...Grab a cool shape (embellishment, letters, whatever enhances the beauty of your page) that will add interest, contrast, or flow with your wavy lines or music notes.

Quick Challenge View
1. Music Notes or Wavy lines as part of your BG.
2. Use black on your page.
3. Embellish with Cool Shapes.

Here is my sample page: (See Attached for Z)

Here is the GALLERY for this challenge... LETTERS Y & Z

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. To be considered for VSBN Recognition, ALL CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Sunday, Oct. 2, 2011 using the correct Keyword (Fall11VSBN13). Each letter can be represented as an upload either individuall or as a double page spread.

4. Please remember to put in the correct KEYWORD: Fall11VSBN13 when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission may not be seen for consideration. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Thumbnails
MASTER THREAD: ABC/123 VSBN-dsci1694.jpg   MASTER THREAD: ABC/123 VSBN-dsci1697.jpg  
Tracy H. #31511=)
"The beginning is always today!" Mary Shelley