Thread: Slice FAQ
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 07:42 PM   #1162
Creativenewbie
Cardstock Collector

I just bought the slice elite at michaels. Was so excited to open And use it, but now I am a bit frustrated! I am having two problems.

First, one of my replacement blade is broken. When i opened the package and opened the replacement blade end tool, a small piece of the blade was broken and just feel out of the container. Do you know if MM will replace this?

Second, not all of my shapes are cutting accurately.
Most of my shapes seem to cut pretty well EXCEPT for the scallop and the square. For the life of me, I can't get my Slice to cut them accurately. The scallop starts off nicely.... but then at some point, the half circles start to cut side way and makes the shape seem a little sloppy. (not sure how to explain it). Is anyone having the same problem with the scallop shape? and my square cut almost perfect but a little bit off. I can't cut it so it looks like a PErfect square.

I already calibrate my machine which I shouldnt have to do on a brand new product.

What does this mean btw? Radial home offset and rational home offset. My radial home offset is set to level 0 and rational home offset is set to level 2. Is this the correct levels for the offsets?

Also, does anyone know if I can return or exchange an opened Slice machine at Michaels? If I can't fix the problems, I definitely don't want to keep it.

Suggestions on how to fix the problems?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!