Thread: ATG questions
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 04:03 PM   #140
Bahb
Polyshrink Goddess

Crop n' Stick bumped their price up and now charge $11.50 shipping and $51.24 for a 12-roll box of 3M 908 (the Gold 1/4", 36 yard ). Though I only do cards and don't need acid-free tape, the acid-free 908 makes a tighter bond and doesn't leave as much gummy residue on the gun parts.

My gun is a 3M 714 I've had for alotta years and uses the 1/4" , 36 yard tape only, unlike the 3M 700, which uses the 1/2" but can also use the 1/4" if you buy the gun-adapter.

The 3M ATG 908 tape is on sale now at framingsupplies.com. I paid $41.64 for a box of 12 rolls, and the shipping to California was $13.65, today.

I did that after spending most of the day shopping all the sites that carry that tape. Would you believe there are some vendors selling the 908 tape for $9.95 a roll. Most others are selling it in the $5 a roll range.

On the Framingsupplies site I found a new twist.........several tapes that are described differently from any of the 3M ATG tapes I've seen there in the past. That, along with the Sale price on the 908, suggests that industry is changing like all the others and the 908 may be on its way out. I do know the tack is not the same as it was a year ago, and in any other economy I would have complained that the quality has diminished while the price has escalated. But is there anything that hasn't had the same fate in the past couple of years? That said, the 908 is still my favorite tape.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!