View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 02:22 PM   #84
Carol W
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathi17 View Post
Yes, it's the embossing effect like in the Spellbinders Shapabilities that I'm talking about, where you cut with one pass and emboss in the next. It's the reason why I use the die cutting machines instead of cutting doilies on my Pazzles. I love my Pazzles, but I miss the embossing on doilies and borders and things enough that I'm willing to spend big money on dies.
I understand what you mean. I will say that the doilies I get with the Cheery Lynn dies are SO detailed and have so much texture from the tiny little cuts that they don't seem completely flat. They have the look and feel of good-quality paper doilies you'd buy in a package for serving desserts, etc. (and I can use any weight of paper, including nice hefty cardstock). I wouldn't strictly call them "embossed" but they are beautiful, and not flat-looking, to me.

It might help you to get a sense of how the dies come out if you check out the videos from the lady at Dutch Paper Crafts. She shows samples up close that she has made from each die. Here's a link:
DutchPaperCrafts: For Sale-Cheery Lynn Doily Dies DL101 thru DL109
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!