View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 08:35 AM   #2432
kaitysmom
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn21404 View Post
Had my craft show today and it was all right. I made my booth fee back plus $10 extra. I have got to figure out some higher price items to sell as well (thinking birthday books and not sure what else).

My big sellers were: Small Triangle Boxes (santa claus and reindeer theme)
Treat boxes (with monsters on them)
Tooth Fairy Tins

I didn't sell any of the Mini Hand Bacterial Soap Holders I made I really thought those would sell.

I had a giveaway for a custom ribbon topiary and got lots of entries but didn't get any orders for any.

Like I told DH I do better selling banners and stuff online then I do at my craft shows.

My next show isn't until October 29 so I have time to restock my items and figure out some bigger items to sell.
It might just be a little early for major sales too? In my area - Cincinnati/No. Kentucky - I found that my items really don't sell as well until the holiday crafts fairs starting in early November. However, I still have a smaller craft show that I do every year in October because I like to make Halloween stuff. I don't make near the sales that I do in Nov/Dec. but I like the venue and the ladies that I have around me are wonderful! I normally break even but have a great time - so it's worth it to me!

Best of Luck with your next show! I'm sure that you will see an increase in sales later on!

Beth
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!