View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 05:48 AM   #2428
jenn21404
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitysmom View Post
Ok....I have been looking at the applications that you can rent/purchase for your iphone that allow you to swipe credit cards on site at your craft shows. Through my research, I have found a company that I am interested in that will send you the machine and application for your phone for free, but charges a fee per transaction. The card is processed on site, so you don't have to worry about lack of funds after the fact etc. like the old system with the credit card slips and slider machine.

My big question is this: Do you think that you can increase your sales per customer substantially by offering a credit/debit option? Will they increase enough to justify the additional transaction charge? I don't use my credit cards much so I'm at a loss!

Thanks in advance for your help!
Beth
Are you talking about Square App? A friend of mine that was set up next to me had it and had lots of people pay by card and so did my friend that I shared my booth with. Everyone that paid by card thought it was the coolest thing. I had my card scanner but my phone was being stupid so I didn't get to try it out

Altered by Jenn
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!