View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 07:54 AM   #216
laderme
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via MSN to laderme Send a message via Yahoo to laderme

Diane - I hope you can get in soon for tests, but it is a good sign if you have your appetite back. It's a start.

Deb - I am hopeful to have my swaps done today, and I'm looking forward to a lunch date. I need to quit focussing so much on work, and though hearing about babies may make me jealous, I am dying to hear what the boys think of their little sister.

Ruth - Did the air get fixed, or is it going to have to wait until your next trip back to BC? How come you don't like the new punches? I have to admit I have a few of them but haven't had a use for them yet.

Yesterday was a wonderful day. It was the annual Quilt Shop Hop. We went to 3 towns, had a meal at each, and had about 2 hours to shop. There were over 50 ladies on the bus. I did pretty good, just buying a couple of baby quilt kits that were different than anything I had seen before. They had a challenge where they gave us a fat eighth, and we had to find a piece of material at the other stores to complete a block. Then we return the block to the original store and enter it for a prize. The blocks will be put together into a quilt for a charity. I have 2 blocks to make, and I am going to use the same pattern, my favorite 12" block. There were ladies there buying enough material to make 6 quilts! I don't know what they plan to do with it all, but I am now curious to see their sewing rooms. It probably looks like my scrapbook stash, only fabric instead.

It was a nice trip, much easier than last year as it wasn't as long on the bus trips. Diane - remember getting lost out by Drayton Valley or Rocky or wherever? We weren't as tired when we got home this year.

Today Brody and I already had our walk and a play at the dog park. I am meeting the kids for Sushi in about an hour, and then I have to do some work to prepare for a meeting on Tuesday, another walk with Brody, and my day will be done. I am grateful that the weather is so gorgeous.

Geese have started to flock - they are beginning to migrate over the house every evening and morning as they come and go from the lake.

Take care ladies.....and I'm thinking of Nancy and Carole over across the pond.