View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 04:37 AM   #2407
Goldyward
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmichelle View Post
I have done maybe half a dozen markets/fairs now selling my cards.
At present I have all my cards wrapped in cello bags for protection, but this is quite time consuming and a hassle. On top of this a get many people each time trying to see what the inside says... even if it is blank, which most of them are!
Do you think it important to protect the cards and have people possibly not buy a card cause they can't 'feel' the card or see inside it, or take a risk and have the cards in the raw so to speak?
I would value all opinions... try to think as a buyer not as a crafts person trying to protect their produce!
Michelle
I think I may be doing what everyone else is...I put my cards in their clear envelope right away. I like that they are clean & neat in their packaging. I went to a craft show about a year ago and a woman had cards for sale...everytime I walked past her booth she was gluing things on cards and I thought she was just working on new stuff...she was actually fixing the crds that were damaged from people opening them looking at them, etc...she lso mentioned how people just don't wash their hands anymore...a majority of her cards had smudges or fingerprints on them...I vowed then & there if I ever did a show I would have cards in clear envies...here is how my spinner rack looks... I have a TON of the tiny address labels...I just printed the word "BLANK" on it and attach the sticker on the outside of the bag if the card is blank...For the cards that have a sentiment in them (there are not many)...I have the larger sticker and I print what the sentiment is.
Attached Thumbnails
110_7526.jpg  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!