View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 04:56 AM   #245
Mothermark
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT162 ~ DESTINATION STATION

TEAPOT TUESDAY DESTINATION STATION #MMTPT162:

This week our destination is a Philadelphia, PA. If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about sending it to Eula! Eula is celebrating her 109th birthday on September 14th. Eula was brought to our attention last year by Lorraine (Pidgesmom). Lorraine has a friend (Jackie) who met Eula and has become very close! Eula is an amazing women. Let's make Eula's 109th birthday a beautiful thing by sending her our wonderfully decorated interior rooms! Ha! She's a colorful woman, she should have a colorful 109th birthday!

If you plan to send your card to Eula, there is a little homework assignment. More about that later!

Last year, when Eula was 108, we sent her birthday cards. That was for challenge MMTPT109, that's right 52 challenges ago! Wowza! We made cards with a Parrot theme as Eula has a parrot (Star) that she loves! When I say Eula is amazing, you will see what I mean when you read the thank you note she sent to the Teapotters last year. Whenever I hear *What An Adventure!*, I think of Eula! I also have a picture of her attached here with her cards from last year many of which are not shown because they are spread all over her room!

Here is her thank you note, in Eula's own words from one year ago......

Dear Stampers:

What a wonderful birthday present... I could not imagine that I would ever receive cards so beautiful and from EVERYWHERE! Each one was a treasure to hold in my hand. This birthday was so much fun for me and I found myself anticipating the mail each day after the first batch of cards arrived. I have shared them with all of my friends here at Cathedral Village and all of the visitors I have had. No one can believe that people I never met would be so kind to recognize me in this way. I have been asked to come to the men's group to share the story.. of course everyone here wonders what a blog is! My friend Jackie did her best to explain it to me. I am very interested in the Internet. People explain it all to me and it is a wonderful thing to be able to have access to so much information so quickly! I am thinking of adding computers to the classes that I take each month!

So.. I will answer the question for you that everyone asks a person of my age... what keeps me so alive and vital?? The answer is simple... LOVE! I LOVE people, I LOVE to learn and I am curious about everything! I eat well, I sleep, I read 2-3 books a month, I crochet lap blankets to be donated to people undergoing dialysis. I make bookmarks. I take care of my bird, Star! Each day for me is an adventure and a day to be treasured. My nephew and I recently had to make a decision about renewing my passport! It was no easy decision.. Finally.. reluctantly I told him that maybe my international travel days are over... we then made the decision to go to the local DMV to get a photo ID! Funny thing is that the computers only registered a birthday of 1906 and of course mine is 1902. It through a glitch in the process and we were there ALL day! They kept asking me ...are you sure you were born in 1902??? What an adventure!

So.. stampers.. that is a little about me. Keep up the good work.. you are a very talented bunch! If you are every in Philadelphia.. please drop by and visit. To the woman who shared about her life on the organic farm... I LOVED reading all about you and would love to KNOW more!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! And one more thing.. If you are wondering about my philosophy about death... read the poem Thanatopsis... the last verse explains it well!

Eula Cousins

And now, for your homework assignment! As you can see, Eula loves, loves, loves life and people! She loves to hear about and know about other people's lives. If you can, take the time to enclosed a little letter addressed to her about you and your life. Nothing elaborate, maybe you can just explain why you designed her birthday card they way you did, why what you like is what you like, a little about your family. She would love to read lots of letters from her stamping friends from EVERYWHERE! What an Adventure!

We are celebrating 109 years of Eula by sending her the rooms in our glass house.

Here is Eula's address:

Mrs. Eula Cousins
Cathedral Village
600 E. Cathedral Road
Philadelphia, PA 19128

Thank you everyone!! Thank you Lorraine and Jackie!
Attached Thumbnails
eula-her-cards-.jpg  

Last edited by Mothermark; 09-12-2011 at 03:50 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!