View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 12:02 AM   #29
Mothermark
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT154 ~KIND WORDS FROM RITA

WARM FUZZIES FROM RITA AND CHARLENE

Hi Teapotters! More evidence that what you do week after week is so meaningful to the recipients of your awesome cards!

Rita was the recipient of our cards for MMTPT154. Rita is a dear friend of a friend of fellow teapotter Charlene (crystaldolphins). She was diagnosed with lung cancer awhile back. At the time of the challenge Charlene did not now if Rita's cancer was terminal or not but it is. She is doing well in terms of lack of symptoms, however the diagnosis is very real. She would appreciate your continued prayers and sends the following message:

In Rita's own words:

I had a wonderful surprise bestowed on me by my friend Charlene. One day in the mail I received a gorgeous homemade card from a complete stranger. Jo-Anne told me that this is something that "stampers" do for people to send them kind thoughts and that Charlene had put me on their list. As the days went by, I received card after beautiful card each and everyone of them unique and special. I sat here reading them, and the prayers, loving thoughts, white light, and encouragement made me cry everyday. I was so touched by their kindness, and generosity that it was truly overwhelming. The thought that all these wonderful people had taken time from their busy and hectic lives to reach out to a stranger made me realize that no matter what your situation, there is always silver lining in every cloud. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Rita

From Charlene:

Thanks so much everyone! We truly touch hearts at such a deep level with our 'putting ink and some colour and paper together' along with a heartfelt note. What we do is beyond description. I know that the Destination Stations keep me going . . .

Have a wonderful and safe long weekend.
Hugs,
Charlene
crystaldolphins

Last edited by Mothermark; 09-02-2011 at 12:07 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!