View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 04:56 PM   #121
timetrvlr
Glitter Queen

I was interested in this machine but after reading this thread, am not so sure...

How bad is the smell? Does it stay on the stamp for long, or eventually outgas? I am pretty sensitive to chemicals so need to be careful.

Do you have to add adhesive each time you want to use the stamp? I am allergic to natural rubber/latex, so guess I need to find out what is in the adhesive as sometimes they contain latex. And can I use vinyl gloves instead of latex gloves when making the stamps?

I really only need to have a couple of stamps made (though I did think it would be fun to play with the machine)- anyone have recommendations for a company that could do a few photopolymer stamps? I am especially interested in some for Operation Write Home- they only offer rubber stamps now and I can't use them. They did provide a pdf download to print stickers but after making a card that looks really nice, I don't want to add a cheesy sticker. All thoughts & opinions appreciated as the cost of the Stampmaker is up to ~ $130 now.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!