View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 01:47 PM   #1
Karen B Barber
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Default CC338 -CUTTING THE CHERRY CALYPSO MUSTARD - 8/30/11

HELLO all you color challenge junkies!! I have been severely MIA on SCS lately, because I have been busy swapping my master bedroom for my STAMP STUDIO!!! (AND visa versa) What kinda guy is MY husband, who HELPS me move OUT of the master bedroom and into the stamp studio???? AWESOME GUY!!! And I am LOVIN' MY NEW STOMPING GROUNDS......(stamping grounds??) I have been busy decorating it all shabby chic, and you know how it is, it just looks so purty I don't want to STAMP in it, and make that huge MESS....so maybe I will just keep stamping in the new not so master bedroom, and keep the stamp studio looking like a SHOWCASE????? No, my husband says he gives me a month to have it all messy again.....now that's having faith in me, eh??? Okay, so I made this card a couple of weeks ago......and I was so happy for that when my decorating project was UNDERWAY and my card was already made!! I have been told by some of my fearless stamp sample makers that this color combo made them feel a bit woozy, why one even told me she was busy making up excuses for why she might not HAVE a sample JUST IN CASE!! (I won't mention any names here, I promise Vicki....but heh, heh, heh, which VICKI?????) I'll never tell...... Ahhh, it's fun to be BACK AGAIN...on SCS.....I will try to NEVER stay away THAT long again!!! Anyway, here are this weeks colors:

Cherry Cobbler
Calypso Coral
More Mustard

and for dessert- Make your own DP (designer paper)....I DID!

I PROMISE you these colors ROCK together!! I was inspired by my living room carpet, believe it or not!! It has a base of chocolate with these colors, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it, so I was pretty happy with how these colors ROCK together!! Honest they do, give them a chance. Here are your samples for the week:

Karen B Barber (yours truly)

vdutcher (Vicki Dutcher)

and our wonderful August Guest Designers!

justcrazy (Vicki Burdick)

ckbythesea (Carole Kunde)

GALLERY CC338

So which Vicki do you think was deviously cooking up a master plan for an excuse just in case these colors left her motionless, frozen lipped, dead in the water????? I'll never tell...... FEAR NOT!!! They look AWESOME together! Now get stamping!!

Please keep in mind, too, that while we list SU colors for the challenges these are just color reference points. Use the closest colors you have. We want everyone to be able to play!!! Please put CC338 in your keywords section (and if you have more than one challenge use a comma to separate them) so we can find your card!

Last edited by Karen B Barber; 08-29-2011 at 06:59 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!