Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-20-2011, 08:06 AM   #1  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABC/123 Mini VSBN - Letters E & F

Title: ABC/123 VSBN: Letters E/F
Hostess: Wendy (scs: wendella247)
Keyword: Fall11MiniVSBN3
Day/Date: Saturday, August 20, 2011
Time: 12:00 PM (noon) EST

Welcome to our Fall VSBN Academy. During your time here you will work on your personal ABC Album, the Subject is yours to choose. Each Academy Teacher will share with you what Subject they chose. You are to work on the Letters that they share with you. However, you do not need to use their word (unless you want to). The challenge will be their 1-2-3 steps below. Enjoy and be sure to share your page here and to use the correct keyword for my challenge(Fall11MiniVSBN3). Read the rules below your Teacher's challenge to be sure to get included for any Award or Recognition.

I've never created an ABC album before, so this is a new and exciting project for me! I've decided to make my book an 8�x8� size and to use a DOG theme, since I�ve been wanting to make a book about our two Springer Spaniels, Cassie & Bailey, both of whom we loved very much and who are now in doggie heaven.

You can make your pages and album a different size, of course, I just decided to do an 8"x8".

My 1-2-3 challenge will be the same for both pages:

1 - Use only 1 piece of chipboard on each page (just one per page.) (If you're doing digi pages, you can use anything that has some dimension or beveling, adding some depth to look like chipboard.)
2 - Use only 2 patterned papers (not counting the main background paper which can have a light design.)
3 - Use 3 circular embellishments, no more, no less (brads, circular-style stamps, eyelets, circular punches, circular stickers, etc., etc., but only 3 per page.)

In addition, you may use other items, solid papers, including mats, embellies, charms, stamped items, etc., etc., but to qualify for an award, be sure to only use the designated number per my above 1-2-3 challenge items.

Here are my Sample Pages: Letter E, Letter F

Here is the GALLERY for this challenge...leave a little luv for everyone!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. To be considered for VSBN Recognition, ALL CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Sunday, August 28, 2011 using the correct Keyword. Each letter can be represented as an upload either individually or as a double page spread.

2. You have a total or 2 working hours to complete the challenge (the concept is you can complete 1 page for each letter represented using the challenge as a guide). For contest purposes, 1 'Letter' per participant per challenge will be eligible to earn award/recognition. For example: if you complete 2+ 'A' indivdual pages for this challenge, and upload each of them to the gallery you can only win one award/recognition for only one of your pages; other 'A' pages are part of the gallery to share but cannot win any award/recognition. If you upload a double page spread for 1 Letter as one upload, it will be considered one upload; please do not upload the pages individually or they will not be considered a double page spread.

3. It is the VSBN Challenge Host's decision to award/recognize pages that best represent her challenge based on the criteria in the challenge. Please be sure to write your description of how you interpreted his/her challenge in your Upload Description.

4. Please remember to put in the correct KEYWORD for my challenge: Fall11MiniVSBN3 when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission may not be seen for consideration. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout is seen by the host and all visitors.

Click here to: Join us for the Scrapbook Challenges!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 08:07 AM   #2  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Talking Hey

Good Morning Scrappers!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 08:08 AM   #3  
Gallery Gazer

Yeah!!!! The mini is here!!!! :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 08:10 AM   #4  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello! This challenge certainly falls into the style I've been using for the other pages so far so this is GOOD!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 08:11 AM   #5  
Gallery Gazer

So how is everyone doing today???? I was actually able to copy this to the Master Thread without messing up...been a while since I've done that! I'm off to go finish my pages...see ya in a bit!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 08:13 AM   #6  

Default ABC/123 Mini VSBN: Letters E & F

Hello everyone. Finally got my challenge posted! My computer was on the fritz yesterday and i couldn't get anything done. It turned out to be a bad mouse! Thank goodness for that--my computer guy told me over the phone I might need to get my HD reformatted, so replacing the mouse was sure better than that!

Anyone else here?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 08:15 AM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,976 Likes on 1,492 Posts

Good morning! I just got back from a great SU! garage sale! Maybe I will use something I got for VSBN!
I love this challenge. I had my photos picked out and my words. Wendy's challenge practically makes the pages for me! I have everything layed out. Just have stick everything together.
BTW, thank U Mary Pat. I edited my description on Charis to say I now know about the booboo! I think it is hillarious! You know we just hurry and those stupid letters were the hardest things to get glued on the circles. They kept falling off too, and when I would look at the photo, there would be a letter gone. So that is probably what happened, I stuck it back on upside down! Oh well!

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 08:20 AM   #8  

Hello everyone. Finally got my challenge posted! My computer was on the fritz yesterday and i couldn't get anything done. It turned out to be a bad mouse! Thank goodness for that--my computer guy told me over the phone I might need to get my HD reformatted, so replacing the mouse was sure better than that!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 08:23 AM   #9  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendella247View Post
I started getting upset one time and it turned out I needed batteries in my mouse :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 08:26 AM   #10  

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary_Pat419View Post
I started getting upset one time and it turned out I needed batteries in my mouse :-)
My mouse goes thru batteries pretty quickly, but this problem was different. It moved around just fine, but wouldn't click on anything and would seemingly freeze up. After rebooting about 5 times, I tried some keyboard combos instead of the mouse and they worked, so we tried DH's mouse and it went perfectly. Voila! I was getting stressed thought! lol

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 08:30 AM   #11  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Talking Here's Mine

It's either my internet or SCS but it's sure slow this morning!

Great Challenge Wendy!

"E" & "F"- Every Flower

Last edited by Lmn; 08-20-2011 at 09:01 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 08:45 AM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Wendy, I love what you came up with for the letter E. This was the hardest part for me so far, is thinking of what ai would do for letter E! I finally came up with something though! I got mine all glued down, now to take a photo and hope nothing falls off and goes back on upside down! Hehee!

Back later.
Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 08:57 AM   #13  
Gallery Gazer

Here are my pages...I sort of feel bad that they don't have pictures. DD1 is having her friends over next Friday so I was going to take some then. I have them from last year but they weren't the best so I'll take advantage of the photo op next week.

E is for Each Year

F is for Friends

I still am having trouble with these 'white squares' that are not on my PSE but are when I reduce...I guess I'm missing something but fortunately I'll be updating these pages as I put pictures in so hopefully I'll work it out by then. When you look...just imagine the white squares are not there please :-)

Okay, I'm scrapping on my patio and I'm getting warm so time to take a dip in the pool!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 08:58 AM   #14  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Here is my and E and F pages. Wendy, your challenge was great. Like I said, with my photos picked out and the words, and then your 123, the pages made themselves!

For the main event. I am going to do a better job of having my words and photos picked out. For the adorable page I couldn't find a good baby photo of Charis. Well, last night when I was looking thru boxes of photos for your challenge, I found the perfect one. So, I will change that page!

Thank you Wendy! And thank you Mary Pat or whoever came up with the ABC theme!

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 09:14 AM   #15  

I'm lovin' the pages you gals have done!

Lela, you have such a great way with colors and coordinating on your pages. Everything always looks finished and complete!

Mary Pat, I like your decision to go digi. It's easier to keep a cohesive look to an album and since it's an ongoing album, you can go back and make changes if you want. Great idea. Love your blue and white theme.

Sharon, your book is looking nice and cozy. I love the pages you did for E & F. The colors are lovely and I really like the diagnoal paper extending over both pages.

E is for Excellent

F is for Fabulous
, ladies!!

I hope to see pages from some of our other friends soon!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 09:18 AM   #16  

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadsonView Post
Here is my and E and F pages. Wendy, your challenge was great. Like I said, with my photos picked out and the words, and then your 123, the pages made themselves!

For the main event. I am going to do a better job of having my words and photos picked out. For the adorable page I couldn't find a good baby photo of Charis. Well, last night when I was looking thru boxes of photos for your challenge, I found the perfect one. So, I will change that page!

Thank you Wendy! And thank you Mary Pat or whoever came up with the ABC theme!

Sharon
I'm with you, Sharon, I need to get more organized and get my words and photos together. I haven't even started my A-D pages yet and in another 50 mins. or so, we'll be on to G & H! I need to get myself going! lol

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 09:23 AM   #17  
Gallery Gazer

I was finishing up letter C but I do have the words picked out for E and F. I've been going through the August Blog Train Kit so many times now that I'm getting better at picking out papers and embellishments...however it doesn't really have a lot that are closer to baby related. Divine Digitals from last period would be better but I have the feeling that Royanna's portion had the majority of boy themed elements and she still hasn't posted them yet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 09:24 AM   #18  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Mary Pat, I like your decision to go digi. It's easier to keep a cohesive look to an album and since it's an ongoing album, you can go back and make changes if you want. Great idea. Love your blue and white theme.
I know I'm very happy I went digi. I had scanned that Hagerty paper so it's a no brainer to use that and the school colors are blue, black, & silver...the white is something I need to work on...those white squares aren't on the PSE version but they are on the .jpeg so I need to figure some stuff out :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 09:33 AM   #19  

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary_Pat419View Post
I know I'm very happy I went digi. I had scanned that Hagerty paper so it's a no brainer to use that and the school colors are blue, black, & silver...the white is something I need to work on...those white squares aren't on the PSE version but they are on the .jpeg so I need to figure some stuff out :-)
That's strange. Have you tried flattening your page while it's still a PSD file, then converting to jpg?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 09:35 AM   #20  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

That's strange. Have you tried flattening your page while it's still a PSD file, then converting to jpg?
I'll try that plus I think when I develop my own elements I need to use a duplicate and I think I haven't done that...luckily I have 3 school years to figure it out :-) :cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 09:51 AM   #21  

It's a never-ending learning experience!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 10:00 AM   #22  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Ladies: G & H challenge is up!

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 10:11 AM   #23  

Yay! I'm off to visit Sharon's challenge page! Thanks for playing, ladies!! Hope to see some more players' pages. Don't forget--you have until next Sunday (a week from tomorrow) to do the challenges and post them!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 10:20 AM   #24  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by LmnView Post
It's either my internet or SCS but it's sure slow this morning!

Great Challenge Wendy!

"E" & "F"- Every Flower
I think it's SCS cause it took me a long time to upload my C page but other sites were working fine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 12:57 PM   #25  
Gallery Gazer

Got the F side done. Used one of Sally's sketches and PSE9 to make the circle embellishments cause I couldn't find any I liked.

Side F

Got E done now too! Side E

TFL!

Last edited by eeddmm; 08-20-2011 at 01:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2011, 11:12 AM   #26  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Location: At the end of a dead-end dirt road, 45.9484° N, 93.0754° W. Founded as a lumber camp in the 1870s,
Received 509 Likes on 353 Posts

Here are my E & F Pages..... Chipboard was my biggest challenge! LOL

Exhausted
Exhausted by vikkijo - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Family
Family by vikkijo - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2011, 02:10 PM   #27  
Matboard Maniac

Default My E & F

Totally going for the simple look huh?
Attached Thumbnails
ABC/123 Mini VSBN - Letters E & F-deniserowsef.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2011, 02:16 PM   #28  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by deniserowsView Post
Totally going for the simple look huh?
Simple, but has the elements. Nicely done, and you can now enjoy the photos when you want. Eagles! We saw them in Alaska. Oh, I see that you are in Alaska! How wonderful!
Did you want to load it in your gallery or just here?

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2011, 05:00 PM   #29  

Terry, I'm loving the theme of your book. I'm sorry I didn't decide to go digi with mine. Oh well.

Vikki Jo, it's fun to see all your critters! I like the purples too!

Denise, your pages are always interesting from your perspective up there in Alaska!!

Thank you, ladies, for playing my challenge!! Good luck with the rest of the letters too!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2011, 12:17 PM   #30  
Matboard Maniac

Denise, your pages are always interesting from your perspective up there in Alaska!!

ya think? LOL thanx for the kudis
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2011, 08:18 PM   #31  
Glitter Guru

Wendy, if the chipboard piece is a circle do we count it as one of the three circles also?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2011, 02:27 AM   #32  
Embossing Fanatic

Send a message via Skype™ to kissmevodka

Here are my contributions to E & F....
Drumroll please....
Attached Thumbnails
ABC/123 Mini VSBN - Letters E & F-fall11minivsbn3-e.jpg   ABC/123 Mini VSBN - Letters E & F-fall11minivsbn3-f.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2011, 01:05 PM   #33  
Glitter Guru

My pages for letters E & F:

E is for Epcot

F is for Fireworks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2011, 07:29 PM   #34  
Crimping Master

Here are my E & F pages. The colouring for the E page is terrible. I will try to get better pics later. The colours are actually pink, red and orange. Funny thing is, I had a completely different plan for the papers. I was trying to decide on 2 patterned pprs and I turned around. There on my pile of scrap paper were these 3 colours and they worked perfect with my dd's pj's. I had to try to find new patterned paper to match my new colour choice. I am quite happy with it.

E by Mil Wife by Military Wife - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

F by Mil Wife by Military Wife - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Last edited by Military Wife; 08-27-2011 at 07:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2011, 03:35 PM   #35  

Here's my homework teacher :lol:

E Is For Extreme

F Is For Fashionable

Love SU!? Join the Crew!
The CreativeCrew <The Gallery
CreativeCrew Play Along <The Challenges
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2011, 12:16 PM   #36  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

My E & F pages:

Our Elsie Puppy by 3Fries - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Friends by 3Fries - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes