View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 03:29 AM   #243
Mothermark
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT160 ~ DESTINATION STATION!

MMTPT160 ~ DESTINATION STATION

This week's destination is Marblehead, Massachusetts. If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about sending it to Barbara! Barbara is the oldest and dearest friend of the mother of fellow SCSer Missro (Robin). Robin contacted me and wondered if the Teapotters could help her with a card drive for her mother's closest friend who is battling yet another round of Ovarian cancer.

Here is a little more information in Robin's own words:

Barbara was diagnosed with stage three Ovarian cancer a few years back. She has undergone surgery three times to remove different masses. Two months ago she started falling ill again and after a recent visit to the doctor a PET scan revealed a large mass in her abdomen. She was rushed to the local hospital to be prepped for surgery. Surgery went better then expected but her recovery will be difficult because she was in such a weakened state. She had lost almost 30 lbs in the last two months alone. More than likely, as with past surgeries, she will begin more rounds of chemo once she has recovered from the surgery. She's got her work cut out for her!

Barbara would love humorous cards,! She loves pastel colors, flowers, and birds as evidenced by two birdhouses in her yard! Barbara's inital prognosis was not promising so please, no get well wishes or hope your feeling better cards. Keeping things on the lighter side would be good.

Barbara has been released from the hospital at this time but she is not at home. She is temporarily in a recovery center so we are asking the cards be mailed to Robin who will in turn get the cards to Barbara.

Here is the mailing address:

Barbara Mace
c/o Robin Guillen
P.O. Box 148
Marblehead, MA 01945

Thanks everyone from me, Robin and Robin's mom!

Last edited by Mothermark; 08-24-2011 at 03:30 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!