View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 12:14 PM   #144
I'm Hooked
Die Cut Diva

I'm here!!! Last night was absolutely awesome! We had so much fun. There were 90+ here (we counted 6 of the 99 that weren't here, but then some showed up that weren't originally coming). So 90 or 100 -- what difference does 10 more make for dinner? Kinda like home on Friday night -- I made supper for Brian and I (something told me to make extra meat) and we ended up having Tyler, Lincoln, Lowen (gave poor pregnant mommy a break), Brandon, Brett, Brian and I. Pretty bad that there was enough for all of us. I still don't know how to cook for 2.

We had 2 employees that celebrated 5 years service, 1 for 10 years, and 1 for 20 years. The 3 each received a cheque from Brian for $5000 each. Our 20 year employee was presented with a 2012 Chevrolet Equinox that I got to purchase this week. It was so much fun. Everybody was so excited. It was so much fun. Only 3 of us knew what was going to happen.

The weather was perfect and the kids had so much fun out here. We have a big playground and it was full of kids all day. They had a blast.

Okay for the swap. For those doing the swaps, these are the numbers you need to make:
Cards - 6 (Denise, Diane, Ruth, Robin, Carole, Deb)
ATC's - 5 (Diane, Ruth, Robin, Carole, Deb)
Inchies - 5 (Diane, Ruth, Robin, Carole, Deb)
3x3's - 4 (Ruth, Robin, Carole, Deb)
NO ENVELOPES PLEASE. We will just all supply our own.

Since Ruth is leaving soon and won't be back until ?? -- if you have them done and mailed to me before you leave, we can hopefully swap out by end of Sept or so. If you don't get them done, then we'll swap out whenever you get back and are able to get to them. How's that for a FIRM deadline I am going to try and do 4 waterfall's. Call me crazy, but I think Ruth is to blame! And yes Robin, the only way I will accept yours is over lunch/dinner/wine/whatever.

Linda is the proud gramma yesterday of a wee 9 lb 3 oz baby boy. Her DIL was 8 days overdue so very ready to have this baby. They are very excited. Our grandbaby is due in just under 2 weeks now. Chelsea certainly does not look like a 9 month pregnant mom with 2 little ones. She is so tiny and looks about 5 months. She feels wonderful. But she does only have 6 lb babies thus far.

Dianne your octopus sounds marvelous. The only time I had it, it was so rubbery it was very hard to chew and so was hard to decide if I liked it with that much work to eat it. But labor intensive, wow!

I vote for a new coat Nancy. Best look your best with Ms. Hoity-Toity -- perm and all! Step-cards I do like but prefer to use them for young kids, or to someone that you don't have to write very much. I write on the insides of mine.

I better scoot. Still have a little clean-up from last night to do. And I would like to wade through some more "stuff" from my mess downstairs. I don't care if it takes me 6 months to sort through. I'm going to take my time. I have no scraps left. The large pieces I gave to Robin for her teenagers, and the rest I tossed. I'm starting with a clean slate. And I give myself permission to throw some of this paper away.
2011 pages Jan 5/10; Feb 4/10; Mar 16/10; Apr 31/10; May 29/10; JUN 15/10; YTD 100/120
My Gallery

Last edited by I'm Hooked; 08-21-2011 at 12:17 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!