View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 12:03 PM   #143
Lily_Louise
Stazon Splitcoast

Nothing exciting going on here either! Spoke to DH this a.m. as usual but the cell cut out halfway thru our conversation. Did manage to hook up again for a minute a or two but it was still an iffy connection. He's in Thunder Bay and the ship is alongside a grain silo and lots of concrete buildings so lots of metal and concrete affecting the signal. Apparently no TV or internet connection either!!

Love the sound of your appy Diane but it seems very labour intensive!! So do I need one of those steam mops? Which one did you get? I need all the help I can get here so everything is not such hard work! Lucky you getting Loretta down for a weekend. That should be a really inspiringly creative time and you can chat as you are creating! She does such beautiful altered pieces as do you and Nancy. Never really gotten into that yet! Say hi to her from me.

Nancy, I wish it would rain here a little too! Maybe tomorrow. I just found yesterday so darn hot and draining. It's pretty warm out there again now, the AC in the suite started up at 7 this a.m. and although I know I have the temperature set quite low, it's a little early for it to have to kick in!! I have all the blinds more or less closed as the sun hits that side of the house first thing and for most of the morning. Step cards, Nancy, ummh the jury is out on that one! Like you say where do you write on it? I would choose the back. Neat for showcasing some cute things for kids, a different kind of card or lots of floral additions to really fill it out.

Robin I'm working on a Scrap swap so apart from using a card base, all the other bits on the card are from my scraps folders/boxes. It would take the next ten years to go thru all the scraps I have and the trouble is you still end up making even more scraps but just smaller pieces!! I'll try to remember to post a couple of the cards (birthday) that I have done so far, next is Christmas and Thank you. Then I also need to do Sympathy and Get Well for another swap and thought I'd continue to use scraps. I know I can make 6 of the exact same colour from the amount of stuff I have! For the Scraps swap, I am using different colours for every couple of cards as it doesn't matter if the cards are not identical. Fortunately I have a lot of my scraps sorted in to folders and 'old' colour families.

Dishwasher is on and I've just realised it's already noon! No wonder I was feeling peckish, I either need a late elevenses snack or some lunch!!

Wonder how Deb's evening went! Bet she's tired!

Enjoy the rest of your day, girls.

Word for May 2014 : Celebrations
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!