Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-20-2011, 09:49 AM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,489 Posts
Default ABC/123 VSBN: Letters G/H

Title: ABC/123 VSBN: Letters G/H
Hostess: Sharon (smadson)
Keyword: Fall11MiniVSBN4
Day/Date: Saturday, August 20, 2011
Time: 2:00 PM EST

Welcome to our Fall VSBN Academy. During your time here you will work on your personal ABC Album, the Subject is yours to choose. You are to work on the Letters that they share with you. However, you do not need to use their word (unless you want too). The challenge will be their 1-2-3 steps below. Enjoy and be sure to share your page here and to use the correct keyword. for my challenge: Fall11MiniVSBN4

I have never done an ABC Album before. But I have chosen to do Grandma's Grandkids ABC Album. Most of the photos I have are grandchildren, so I thought it would be fun to use up the ones I didn't use in my regular album. I am doing an 8x8 album, but some are doing the 12x12. Whatever your theme, or whatever your size, I hope you will enjoy making it. If you do all the challenges you will have a completed album A-Z at the end of VSBN!
When I was given letters GH, it immediately brought to mind Good Housekeeping magazine! I used to take it all the time. It had great recipes, great Housekeeping tips, and home designs.

So this is what I came up for a challenge!
1. We need a recipe! That would be journaling.
2. Clean house, toss it or use it! Use 2 somethings that you forgot you had or have never used. Digi girls, maybe something you collected on a blog train and never used.
3. Home design. Perfect kitchen design, easy access to stove, sink, refrigerator. Use at least 3 photos

Challenge Translation
1 journaling block
2 embellishments or papers gathering dust in your stash
3 or more photos
Be sure and tell us what you found to use.

Bonus if you do all three on both pages! Bonus is Sharon's Good Housekeeping Stamp of approval!

Whatever you do or however you use it, have fun with this challenge!
Here is my two page G H sample
Here is the GALLERY for this challenge

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. To be considered for VSBN Recognition, ALL CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Sunday, August 28, 2011 using the correct Keyword. Each letter can be represented as an upload either individuall or as a double page spread.

2. You have a totall 2 working hours to complete the challenge (the concept is you can complete 1 page for each letter represented using the challenge as a guide). For contest purposes, 1 'Letter' per participant per challenge will be eligible to earn award/recognition. For example: if you complete 2+ 'A' indivdual pages for this challenge, and upload each of them to the gallery you can only win one award/recognition for only one of your pages; other 'A' pages are part of the gallery to share but cannot win any award/recognition. If you upload a double page spread for 1 Letter as one upload, it will be considered one upload; please do not upload the pages individually or they will not be considered a double page spread.

3. It is the VSBN Challenge Host's decision to award/recognize pages that best represent her challenge based on the criteria in the challenge. Please be sure to write your description of how you interpreted his/her challenge in your Upload Description.

4. Please remember to put in the correct KEYWORD:
Fall11MiniVSBN4 when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission may not be seen for consideration. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure you layout is seen by the host and all visitors.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 10:07 AM   #2  
Gallery Gazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I'm still working on these pages since I didn't get to start them early.

If anyone is lurking, all the Hosts get the challenges earlier...which is why they get posted so quickly. :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 10:12 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Mary Pat! There's somebody! So not storm? Looks stormy here, too.

In answer to your question on my pages, I embossed the horses on the page, and the notes on the other page, too. If I hadn't been a hostess, these woudn't have been done!

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 10:15 AM   #4  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadsonView Post
Hi Mary Pat! There's somebody! So not storm? Looks stormy here, too.

In answer to your question on my pages, I embossed the horses on the page, and the notes on the other page, too. If I hadn't been a hostess, these woudn't have been done!

Sharon

Well they are a wonderful touch! The clouds rolled away. I'm scrapping outside & my DH just put acid in the pool so I'm a bit miffed because I can't go in now for about 2 hours...grrrrrr. I'm working on my G page now...I've had so much fun working on these pages. I really need to get my paper pages done though so maybe I can work on them during the week...so much I want to do and so little time! :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 10:26 AM   #5  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm back! Had to make lunch for the boys. One was starving (as usual) and the other was sleeping until the burgers were done. DGS's birthday is next Saturday and my son-in-law's mom called to invite us all to a birthday dinner at their house next week so DGS is full of energy now! He was running and fell (he told me it was a "face plant" so DH asked him if his face would grow like the grass he planted at vacation bible school.) DGS was not a happy camper with that rather unsympathic remark while he's holding the ice pack to his face and arm but he did have to laugh which is what I gather the comment was aimed for...these boys.....

I like your challenge Sharon. I can manage this one with digi....I'm using a kit that I've never used before so it fits right in!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 10:28 AM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Okay, I am going to go have lunch. Wish I could swim in your swimming pool Mary Pat!
Sounds fun! But we sit in the backyard and watch the squirrels figure out how to get in our bird feeders! There is no stopping them!

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 10:31 AM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by eeddmmView Post
I'm back! Had to make lunch for the boys. One was starving (as usual) and the other was sleeping until the burgers were done. DGS's birthday is next Saturday and my son-in-law's mom called to invite us all to a birthday dinner at their house next week so DGS is full of energy now! He was running and fell (he told me it was a "face plant" so DH asked him if his face would grow like the grass he planted at vacation bible school.) DGS was not a happy camper with that rather unsympathic remark while he's holding the ice pack to his face and arm but he did have to laugh which is what I gather the comment was aimed for...these boys.....

I like your challenge Sharon. I can manage this one with digi....I'm using a kit that I've never used before so it fits right in!
Great! that is what I was hoping, that we would use stuff that we should have before now! We might find out we like it!

Okay to lunch, be back in a few. Can't wait to see what you do. And don't forget to tell us what you used that you hadn't thought of using for awhile!

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 10:49 AM   #8  
Gallery Gazer

It's very quiet here today...guess we should have planned it for the evening. Oh well, live & learn :-) Just finished my G page not off to work on H...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 11:05 AM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary_Pat419View Post
It's very quiet here today...guess we should have planned it for the evening. Oh well, live & learn :-) Just finished my G page not off to work on H...
It is quiet! I checked the other threads, too. Is everyone hiding?

I have my pages done, and am thinking nap! I went to a SU! garage sale this AM. I spent $32.00 and got 5 of the clear mounted stamp sets, 1 wood mounted stamp set, two retired stamp pads, and ink refills. Lots and lots of retired Su! cs and dp., and ribbon. Two other single wood stamps. a 6x6 pad of dp. You couldn't hardly get two stamp sets for that much money ordering new from the rep. I am so excited to use the clear mounted ones. They look brand new, just retired I guess!

Just think with this mini VSBN we have added 8 pages towards our August goal! I guess in September, I can set a goal of 18! Right?

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 11:07 AM   #10  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

It is quiet! I checked the other threads, too. Is everyone hiding?

I have my pages done, and am thinking nap! I went to a SU! garage sale this AM. I spent $32.00 and got 5 of the clear mounted stamp sets, 1 wood mounted stamp set, two retired stamp pads, and ink refills. Lots and lots of retired Su! cs and dp., and ribbon. Two other single wood stamps. a 6x6 pad of dp. You couldn't hardly get two stamp sets for that much money ordering new from the rep. I am so excited to use the clear mounted ones. They look brand new, just retired I guess!

Just think with this mini VSBN we have added 8 pages towards our August goal! I guess in September, I can set a goal of 18! Right?

Sharon
Must be end of summer vacations or something. We're back in school so not here but many schools don't start back until after Labor Day. Hopefully others will catch up and play in September; I got a lot of messages that people will try to make it then.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 11:13 AM   #11  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Talking I'm Here

G is done and posted, H is not.

I've been trying for over an hour to get on SCS?! Not sure what the issue is today?! I'm here now
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 11:14 AM   #12  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by LmnView Post

I've been trying for over an hour to get on SCS?! Not sure what the issue is today?! I'm here now
Wow! Really? No problems here so far...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 11:14 AM   #13  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

It is quiet here today. I've been madly going through photos trying to find some for A-B, C-D and G-H! Some are in albums, some on my computer, some in boxes. I hate removing them from albums to scan bec they never seem to wind up back where they came from! (Whose fault is that? lol) I'm getting there slowly, but surely!

Click here to: Join us for the Scrapbook Challenges!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 11:19 AM   #14  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

I am glad you are here!

Sometimes when I post a comment, it takes a while, but haven't had any problems getting on. However the other day, I tried for hours and couldn't get on! I was beginning to have SCS withdrawl symptoms!

will go look at g Oh, I already saw your G. What great photos! Isn't great when we have those ticket stubs and things like that? And that we can find them to put on the page! LOL
Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 11:25 AM   #15  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendella247View Post
It is quiet here today. I've been madly going through photos trying to find some for A-B, C-D and G-H! Some are in albums, some on my computer, some in boxes. I hate removing them from albums to scan bec they never seem to wind up back where they came from! (Whose fault is that? lol) I'm getting there slowly, but surely!
How many times have I done that? I take them out of the album, scan them or whatever and then they not only don't get back in the album, they get out of order and are in the big black hole of unidentified photos! I have a feeling some of these that I have been using are like that. I found them in a box all out of order, just a bunch of photos! How did they get here?
I have made a lot of albums for people for birthdays and anniversaries, and I make copies of mine and then I just have this bunch of loose photos!

Good luck Wendy.

Shaorn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 11:27 AM   #16  
Matboard Maniac

i just got this 1 minute ago. *sheesh* my companies gone and i got 2 pages done. trying to play catch up. having so much fun so far. the hubby is gone fishin again so i get all day to play! yipppee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 11:31 AM   #17  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

I had a problem when I was uploading my last page. I went and did lunch and when I came back it was OK again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 11:32 AM   #18  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by deniserowsView Post
i just got this 1 minute ago. *sheesh* my companies gone and i got 2 pages done. trying to play catch up. having so much fun so far. the hubby is gone fishin again so i get all day to play! yipppee
Good to see you Denise...I love your pages. Glad you could come and play this time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 11:34 AM   #19  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink HEre's Mine

I got a little confused when I put a Football title on it, I thought it was my "F" page but when I uploaded it I realized I followed the challenge for "G" so this is my "Great Game" page

Great Game

I almost have "H" done also! Just cutting out the title letters
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 11:37 AM   #20  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Red face Yup

Quote:

I had a problem when I was uploading my last page. I went and did lunch and when I came back it was OK again.
Seems to be working much better now...not sure what the issue was?! I ran another Virus check on my computer just to be sure! I got one last week through our work server (many got hit) and I just wanted to be sure the systems were working.

Friday I couldn't get on our Work Server all day. They had to get me Level 3 Tech Support just to figure out what the problem was ... sign!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 11:47 AM   #21  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Your pages are wonderful so far. I have just been to the gallery. You are going to have a wonderful album when you are done.

Can't wait to see the ones for this challenge!

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 11:49 AM   #22  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

So glad you are joining us. I am glad you are having fun. That is what it is all about. Well, that and getting photos scrapped!

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 11:54 AM   #23  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Seems to be working much better now...not sure what the issue was?! I ran another Virus check on my computer just to be sure! I got one last week through our work server (many got hit) and I just wanted to be sure the systems were working.

Friday I couldn't get on our Work Server all day. They had to get me Level 3 Tech Support just to figure out what the problem was ... sign!
virus on computers scare me! I got this new laptop in May at my DD when I visited her. My DGS and DSIL helped me get it as they are geeks.

When I got home and was using it, up pops something that said I had a trojan horse! I almost downloaded whatever they wanted me to do to get rid of it. (they said they were ms security). Well, I called my DGS who is 14, and he said they were fake and wanting to download a virus to my computer, to get out of it! I don't know how I got into it in the first place. So thanks to him I didn't download a virus! I am thankful for my geeks! I should scrap them with their computers! LOL

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 11:57 AM   #24  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Just went to the gallery. Your A&B pages are beautiful!
Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 12:06 PM   #25  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink Yes

Quote:

virus on computers scare me! I got this new laptop in May at my DD when I visited her. My DGS and DSIL helped me get it as they are geeks.

When I got home and was using it, up pops something that said I had a trojan horse! I almost downloaded whatever they wanted me to do to get rid of it. (they said they were ms security). Well, I called my DGS who is 14, and he said they were fake and wanting to download a virus to my computer, to get out of it! I don't know how I got into it in the first place. So thanks to him I didn't download a virus! I am thankful for my geeks! I should scrap them with their computers! LOL

Sharon
I'm with you Sharon! I have to call someone for help if I have a computer problem because I know how to turn it on, LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 12:06 PM   #26  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Just went to the gallery. Your A&B pages are beautiful!
Sharon
I love it when Denise comes to play at VSBN. She has always has some creative pages.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 12:09 PM   #27  
Gallery Gazer

Okay, I finished them in the 2 hour time limit. I'm a bit burned out now, not enough sleep last night so I'm going to get off and wish you all a wonderful weekend. I sure got a lot done and love that I'm getting it done even if I do go back and tweak it over time :-)

G is for Graduation

H is for Homecoming
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 12:17 PM   #28  

Quote:

Okay, I finished them in the 2 hour time limit. I'm a bit burned out now, not enough sleep last night so I'm going to get off and wish you all a wonderful weekend. I sure got a lot done and love that I'm getting it done even if I do go back and tweak it over time :-)

G is for Graduation

H is for Homecoming
Thanks for all your work along with Lela to get this mini up and running. After I get these 8 pages done, I'm going to work on getting the rest of my words and photos ready for September! Have a great rest-of-the-weekend, Mary Pat!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 12:17 PM   #29  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

G is for Graduation

H is for Homecoming
Great pages Mary Pat! This was such a great idea for an abc album!

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 12:20 PM   #30  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendella247View Post
Thanks for all your work along with Lela to get this mini up and running. After I get these 8 pages done, I'm going to work on getting the rest of my words and photos ready for September! Have a great rest-of-the-weekend, Mary Pat!
Yes, thank you Mary Pat! And thank you Lela! This was a great theme,and I look forward to the main VSBN.
And Wendy, after resting this week-end, I plan of getting my words and photos and maybe putting them inn plastic sleeves so I will be ready to go!

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 12:30 PM   #31  
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Location: In the '82 Los Angeles underground, looking to hire...The A-Team.

I'm here. Tired. :p I have my photos & words for the first abc section of DS baby book! Feels good...I did pull some pics from albums...and have six to sent to Walgreens...otherwise...I think I'm good.

I'm gonna grab a bite to eat.

Never give up, just practice, stay positive and have fun!

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 12:50 PM   #32  

Quote:

Yes, thank you Mary Pat! And thank you Lela! This was a great theme,and I look forward to the main VSBN.
And Wendy, after resting this week-end, I plan of getting my words and photos and maybe putting them inn plastic sleeves so I will be ready to go!

Sharon
That's what I think I'm going to do too. Put them together in plastic folders. Let's see how well we do with that! lol

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 12:59 PM   #33  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by mollymoo951View Post
I'm here. Tired. :p I have my photos & words for the first abc section of DS baby book! Feels good...I did pull some pics from albums...and have six to sent to Walgreens...otherwise...I think I'm good.

I'm gonna grab a bite to eat.
Glad to see you. Watching for your pages.

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 01:34 PM   #34  
Gallery Gazer

Well...I've been able to get the other 3 challenges completed finally (between all the interruptions) so I can start on this one. I've been going through the sketch challenges to find good ones to match up to the number of pictures I have for each letter so I'm off to the sketches again after I get supper ready for the boys....I hear them downstairs getting restless! I'll probably finish these later tonight or tomorrow. If they allow us to download on Sunday...if not, I'll upload on Monday!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 01:39 PM   #35  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Well...I've been able to get the other 3 challenges completed finally (between all the interruptions) so I can start on this one. I've been going through the sketch challenges to find good ones to match up to the number of pictures I have for each letter so I'm off to the sketches again after I get supper ready for the boys....I hear them downstairs getting restless! I'll probably finish these later tonight or tomorrow. If they allow us to download on Sunday...if not, I'll upload on Monday!
I am not sure if they do or not. But if you are a fan club member, you can for sure. I will watch for yours.

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 02:21 PM   #36  
Embossing Fanatic

Send a message via Skype™ to kissmevodka

Hi guys,
Not long woken up on a gorgeous sunny Sunday morning (it's been raining most of the week).
I've written down the latest challenges in my journal and will set aside the 2 hours to scrap later today. Got a busy Sunday ahead but I plan to hide away in my scrap cave later tonight.
Then, during the week, I'll get busy doing the uploads.
Loving the challenges so far! Thanks Hosties!
Enjoy your weekend everyone.

I'll pop back later to check out the gallery.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 02:21 PM   #37  
Embossing Fanatic

Send a message via Skype™ to kissmevodka

Hi guys,
Not long woken up on a gorgeous sunny Sunday morning (it's been raining most of the week).
I've written down the latest challenges in my journal and will set aside the 2 hours to scrap later today. Got a busy Sunday ahead but I plan to hide away in my scrap cave later tonight.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 03:14 PM   #38  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by kissmevodkaView Post
Hi guys,

We will watch for you! Hope to see some of your pages in the gallery!
Thanks for checking in. Have a great Sunday. Still Sat. here!

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 07:53 PM   #39  
Die Cut Diva

I'm just looking in here...and thinking how fun to do a book alongside everyone...trying to figure out size, theme, style etc... and on holidays the September weekend...so thinking maybe instead to just enjoy your ideas and play along to make a few layouts for my albums with the challenges..and a little less emphasis on the actual letter. Except for A and G, I can do pages for my Girls...
it is quiet on the boards..I'm thinking too much good weather, finally, for some of us!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2011, 06:53 AM   #40  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by LalaView Post
I'm just looking in here...and thinking how fun to do a book alongside everyone...trying to figure out size, theme, style etc... and on holidays the September weekend...so thinking maybe instead to just enjoy your ideas and play along to make a few layouts for my albums with the challenges..and a little less emphasis on the actual letter. Except for A and G, I can do pages for my Girls...
it is quiet on the boards..I'm thinking too much good weather, finally, for some of us!
I hope you will make that g page! Check in her and let us know you did it, so we can look in your gallery and see your work, and comment! You have until next Sunday for recognition, or unlimited time just to do it! Love to see it. thank you for stopping in!
Thank you for all who have participated so far! I am going to church and will check in later girls!

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes