Hello! And welcome to our Digital Scrapbooking challenges here at SCS. I'm Nicole, your hostess, and I'm super excited to be here! It's my goal to bring you a challenge each week that will inspire you and help you get your favorite memories into your books. I try to keep things simple enough for anyone who's brand new to digi, but still have a challenge that's challenging enough to interest those of you who are veteran digi scrappers!
For a listing of ALL Digital Challenges, check in here: DGC Master List
Here's week's challenge!
The Challenge: DGC062 - Scrap on an Angle
Here is my layout:
"Scrap All Day"
- This week we will be playing with different angles, using the Transform tool. Your page will need to have some sort of tilt to it
, whether that means that your whole page is tilted to the right 5 degrees, or just some of your elements and photos.
- For this challenge, you can only use a total of eight elements
(not including frames) on your layout.
- And lastly, pick two colors
and focus on using them on your page. I picked pink and green as my two dominant colors here.
Get Your Gold Stars:
- When's the last time you made an All About Me page? My page features my kids, but is really about scrapping!
- Add some digital paint to your layout. Mine is tucked behind my photos.
Tips & Tricks:
- Make sure that when you use the Transform tool to tilt your papers and your elements that you also remember to give the same degree of rotation to your photos and text. You can use CTRL + T in Photoshop for everything, even text!
- Know the difference between a vector and a rasterized image. Shapes made with the Shape tool and text are vectors. That means you can resize them 15 different ways and you won't effect the quality of your images. But photos and digital elements aren't vectors. That means that if you're going to rotate them or change their size, you got one shot at it--so get it right the first time! If you find that a flower you resized would look better if it were changed once again, go get the original file and start from scratch. Your end product is going to be so much better!
- Don't even know where to begin with digi scrapping? Check out this lens on Squidoo for some tips on Getting Started with Digital Scrapbooking
The Fine Print:
Here is all your need to know info: SBC's Information Thread
You can view all submissions for this challenge here: DGC062 Gallery
To add your page to this gallery, just add DGC062
to your keywords. Please also add SBC11AUG
in the keywords. This makes it easier for us to search and find your layouts.
Please remember to come back and post a link in this thread so we won’t miss seeing your work! And be sure to leave a little love for others when they leave love for you.