View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 08:08 AM   #382
hedgiemama
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Laurie, you have your hands full. Between having him downstairs, mother twisting things, etc...Did your couselor help? I sure hope so. You sound good even though you are stressed.

Christina, you too! You sound calm in the midst of it all. I know you also are extremely stressed.

You ladies are both ROCKS! Your strength really comes through as your write.

My mother in law told me how "lonely" he is. Really? He had negative behaviors that I lived with for most of our marriage and he was unfaithful, and HE is lonely? What do I do with that? I am sure he has and still is spinning her all kinds of tales. His take on life is skewed to begin with, he is narcissistic, so not surprising.

I decided: how he feels and what he tells his mother is no longer my concern, period. Her attempt to gain my sympathies for him, was inappropriate but she is older and is being fed his stories.

I just told her that she has been so wonderful about all of this, thankful she still loves me and the girls and how much harder other ppl have it when their families become overly involved. That nipped it in the bud.