View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 02:49 PM   #15
CanadianMom
Rubber Obsessor

I did take the standard class and was disappointed completely. It was such a waste of my time and money. IF I was a store owner then this info would be great for selling the product -but as a class all on its own not at all what I was looking for. We did not have any feedback on our methods of colouring (simply demoed by the instructor and we could chose to do it or not) nor any one on one time with the instructor.

The second class requires you to submit your work. The second class topics are the meat of what I want to learn so I am not certain why the requirement to submit my work - I want to learn, I am not already proficient.

The info in the first class for papers, inks, airbrushing etc could be covered in a one hour product knowledge class - not a whole day.

[QUOTE=Colleen Schaan;18604516]Barbara (and anyone else who is interested...)

The standard class covers basic product information (the entire Copic product line - not just the markers), care for your products, the number system, product compatibility, blending techniques (includes tips and tricks that we have all learned), multiple surfaces, mixed media, and the airbrush system. Within each class, we also answer questions on sales and how to create classes for those store owners and instructors attending. There is not a lot of actual time to color, but there is time to get feedback from the instructor and do some troubleshooting. It's a great arena for getting any and all Copic questions answered.

In the intermediate, it's all about coloring! LOL We spend 5 of the 8 hours actually coloring... putting into use the things we learn during class. The class covers color theory, theory of lighting, theory of shading and shadows (cast shadows vs shading), perspective and distance in color, handling difficult blending and colors, undertones, design theory, skin and hair, and adding details. In essence, it is a class that covers not only HOW to color realistically, but the WHY behind what we are doing. It's really been a very well received class.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!