View Single Post
Unread 08-11-2011, 03:52 PM   #375
Watercolor Wizard

Originally Posted by StampinHappyInCT View Post
You're welcome. As I stated, I've been lurking in these threads probably since the first one was started so long ago by Siberian Stamper. You have all come a long way in your journeys, and it has been very inspiring. It's nice to know there is life after divorce.

I have been married for almost 24 years, and unhappy for well over half that time. Our 25th anniversary will be in late 2012, and it is a milestone I do not want to reach. It probably doesn't matter, though, as we haven't acknowledged our anniversary to each other in probably 6 years. I stopped wearing my wedding rings 4 years ago, and he stopped wearing his about 2 years ago. We basically live as roommates.

We grew up in very different family environments and have very different expectations of what marriage and family life should be. While I want a life partner, he basically wants an employee. I am a SAHM, and he is self-employed. We have three teenage boys.

I am SORRY you have to go through life like this. I hate that I have coasted through so much of it unhappy. I hope that you find light at the end of the tunnel SOON. And I am glad you are here to share with us. I am new here, but not new to the world of divorce!

Silly me! Check out my blog at
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!