View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 05:42 AM   #361
scrappingramma
Kookie Creator

Send a message via Yahoo to scrappingramma

Quote:
Originally Posted by cletracloversgirl View Post
Thanks Karen...I just realized an answer for my kids...they always ask why I protect them from so much...I usually tell them it is my job..I protect them because I was never protected....it angers me that they do not appreciate what I have gone through (yes they know a little about my childhood) so that they might not have to do the same or worse....I tried to protect them from the harshness of the divorce and the meanness of that ordeal...I feel like a failure so much especially now that they are mostly grown and they act like they cannot stand me and that I am not good enough because I try to protect them....wow! Taishea
Your kids are teenagers.... they will not start showing their apprecation untill late 20's or early 30's, and there still may be times they just don't understand. I still have issues with my son (he will be 36 in Jan), mostly because he has seen me accept being treated badly by my family, his father, etc for most of his life... now that I'm being treated well, he is too far away to see it. It will take time, just don't allow them to treat you badly, call them on it when they treat you badly. Stand up for yourself, you can do it... if they don't like it ... too bad. My daughter used to tell me that she hated me, I would just smile at her and tell her I must be doing my job right, cuz being a parent is not a popularity contest. Boy, did that piss her off... LOL
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!