View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 04:52 AM   #201
lindsaymay
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity3333us View Post
I apologize if a lot of this stuff has been discussed. I have been trying to find the answers but there are so many posts

Question 1 - My laptop crashed and I lost my Design Studio that was on there. You only get one download. When I got my new laptop it won't download. Support has said if I send my serial number, they will reset it. Where is that number supposed to be. I can't find it in the book, on the CD or anywhere in the box my software came in. If I knew where to find it, it might help me??

Question 2-If I can't get my studio software to work and need to replace, is the Gypsy really worth it? If I buy cartridges that are linked to a Gypsy can I use them in my design studio or not?

I purchased my Design Studio years ago and haven't had time to even learn how to use it, I will be so bummed if I can't get it to work because my laptop crashed but I like the additional options above and beyond the cricut expression alone...Used that twice in the past 6 years. I can't wait to graduate so I can "play" again.

Thanks for any help on my questions. I see so much about "linked" cartridges and I really don't understand the consequences for that.
You can use linked carts with your design studio. Once a cart has been linked to a gypsy you can not link it to another gypsy, it will still work in the machine as with DS tho.

I asked for a gypsy for christmas (they had a deal at cricutmachine.com where you got the gypsy and 7 carts for $89) and I linked all of my carts up. since I have 2 cricuts I lent my little one with all of my carts to my friend who can't afford one and I have my gypsy with all of my carts and my expression at home. I had to keep one cart in my machine so I could use SCAL and my computer fonts with my cricut.

The only downside to Gypsy is the small screen.

I got a new computer and cricut reset my serial # but I had saved it in an email because I bought it online. I bet the sereal number is printed on the CD or on the paperwork that came with your DS software.

Good luck!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!