View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 06:28 PM   #335
lindalaskowski
Mad Swapper

I hope no one has ever gone through the Hell that I did, before, during or after my divorce,....but here goes!!! My Ex, Don was 7 years older than me, and I married him after only dating him 5 months. I had my daughter 7 months later. I stopped working when I was pregnant, and he worked 2nd shift. I learned that Don was pretty much a "loner", but I had such a dysfunctional childhood, that I didn't know better. We moved into a nice home, and two years later, I had my son. My children took up my time, and I loved being a Mom!!! My husband worked different shifts through the years, and was a "night owl". He rarely came to bed at the same time as I did. I got up early with the kids, and he would get up whenever. I stayed very involved with my kids through school, sports, their friends, etc. We lived in the country and when my kids got a little older, we decided to put an addition on the house and remodel it. We had a dog, two cats, and two horses. My Daughter and husband shared a bond, the love of horses. When my kids were 7 and 9 years old, I went to work part time. I did what I thought was best, and worked opposite shifts of Don. This way, babysitters wouldn't be raising our children.

During the remodel, Don became withdrawn, which wasn't unlike him. When my kids were 14 and 16 yrs. old, there was a 14 year old girl that boarded her horse two houses down from us. At this time, Don got home a couple hours before me. Julie started hanging out with my husband, riding horses together. I started getting home, they would be in our family room, rolling around on the floor, tickling each other. Every time we went anywhere, he drove out of his way to drive by Julie's house. He was completely detached from his two children!!! I complained about what I felt inappropriate behavior, and he always said I was unreasonable. One day, my 16 year old daughter confronted him, saying that I was right, and that he was obsessed with this 14 year old girl, and completely ignored his own family. He COMPLETELY fell apart!!! He was hysterically crying, and threatening suicide. He finally calmed down. That was the end of Julie being at our house, although, he still drove by her house constantly. I guess this was the first BIG sign that there was something very wrong with Don. I wish I had more security with myself, but I guess I was too busy working and caring for my family. Coming from a dysfunctional family, made me want my family to
WORK,........

I have to stop here. I can only do this a little at a time!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

We had to get rid of the kids~~~

~~~The cats were allergic!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!