View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 06:04 PM   #332
scrappingramma
Kookie Creator

Send a message via Yahoo to scrappingramma

I've learned that we marry at our level of self esteem..... mine was really low when I married at barely 20.... divorced 18 years later.... married again at just befor 40... divorced 8 years later. I finally got away from my family (Mom, etc) and am married for 4 years to a wonderful, kind, supportive man.
This past April, I finally told my Mother how I've felt my entire life.... (it was the first time she has not become defensive, arguementative, or made lame excuses). I was born 15 months after her son (I don't claim him as a brother, because he is a horrible person, woman beater, and all around *****hole, and those are his good points), I always felt that my being born interferred with her time with him. She is a lazy, selfish, sorry excuse for a Mother. I told her that I forgive her, but that the forgiveness isn't about her, it's about me.... it was time for me to wash it from my soul. I have felt so free and light since then. I wasn't hateful, didn't raise my voice, I just told her everything I had been feeling. I have a cousin that is 6 years younger then my Mom, the were raised almost like sisters. I asked my cousin if I was crazy? Was it my imagination or was I treated differently then my brother? Guess what... she told me I'm not crazy, and the family all saw it, and if she had known how much I was hurt by it, she would have done something about it.

Goodness, this is becoming a novel.

Ladies, just remember, you don't have to settle, you can wait for the right person to come along...... or you can be perfectly happy on your own.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!