View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 04:15 PM   #323
Cynamom
Watercolor Wizard

The thing for me about college is that it is SO important and my son is such a good student. My ex has had a Porsche, multiple trips to Europe, vintage motorcycle collection, and regular $100 meals out for he and his new wife. There income is $160K per year, and they have no other dependents. Then he says he has NO MONEY. Okay, maybe he doesn't have money but blowing it on toys and selfish-pursuits doesn't count as a sad story making you broke. Maybe try some self control, LOL! You know, like how my NEWEST car was ten years old this month, and a good time for my husband and I is going out without the kids and treating ourselves to cheese on our burger!!! If my ex was truly destitute, or fell on hard times somehow, I would get it, but if we can make half of what he makes and still pull an equal part of college, he should be able to, too.

It just stinks how his idea on the importance of college changed after we got divorced. His parents put him through college, too.... they put FIVE kids through college!!

Not sure why I even try to understand!

C.