View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 01:10 PM   #12
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Latest update

Updates on follow-up with Dr. Spencer

Sunday, July 24, 2011 3:35 PM

Austin’s second opinion will be read by next week by Dr. Zimmerman at CHOP.

Austin had his appointment with Dr. Spencer who cleared him for both prosthesis which he was put under anesthesia to have it done. It will be done in a week. I sure hope it will look as good as his real eyes.

Dr. Spencer did say that he does not know what is causing the abnormality in Austin MRI’s. He said it is a great idea to have Dr. Zimmerman re-exam it, but also let wait to hear what Dr. Gombos – MD Anderson & Dr. Shields at Wills has to say about it.

We did hear from Dr. Bianciotto who said that we should wait to hear from Dr. Zimmerman but also that

“It is very common to see enhancement of the orbital tissues after enucleation or other surgeries. I do not think it would be necessary to remove the implant at this point. The orbital biopsies done at the moment of the surgery were negative for tumor, which is reassuring. I agree with Dr Bowers' plan to repeat MRI in 6 weeks and then every 3 months. I think it is ok for Austin to have the prosthesis fitted. I will show the MRI report to Dr Shields tomorrow, she is not in today.”

We haven’t heard from Dr. Gombos yet. I will send Dr. Gombos the same thing I sent Dr. Zimmerman since Austin did radiation in Houston.

Mean while, Austin has been extremely excited everyday asking for his piano which he will be arriving sometimes the end of July or early August. My understanding from Bob Rosenthal the owner of The Piano Store in Dallas that this is a combine gift from: The Piano Store, Young Chang, Make a Wish of North Texas & Musical Angels.

We have prepared a special place for decorated so that when the piano arrives it will be a real special gift for him to remember. Austin has been practicing everyday on his little keyboard for the real thing.

I asked Austin if he missed his vision, this was his response…YES….My eyes was tearing quietly.

This is the first time that I really thought about this as his 2 years anniversary of diagnose coming up this horrible disease has already took both of his eye but I am very thankful that we still have our baby.

Later, I asked him if he remembered how Mommy looks like he said no. I took his hand and let him touch and feel my face then I said this is how your Mommy looks like baby.

I told him that you can always feels how your Mommy and Daddy face when you think you forgot how we look like and always remembered that we are here for you and we love you with all our heart.

Even though I can say those words, it still broke my heart looking at my baby……..

Please continue to pray for healing for so many of these children’s that are also fighting this horrible cancer.

Please keep Austin’s in your thoughts and prayers for the coming weeks and many thanks for the outpouring supports for our son.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!