I've made this a few times - unfortunately I can't give credit because I don't remember where I got this. *sorry* This is so easy and you can make a Tzatziki sauce on the side or in pitas with some feta and lettuce. Its been so hot and who really wants to put the oven on?
Oregano & Lemon Chicken Souvlaki
1 pound chicken tenderloins
3 Tablespoons olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon (about 1/4 of a cup)
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 to 2 Tablespoons of dried oregano - to taste
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1. Put the chicken into a bowl.
2. Add all other ingredients.
3. Mix well, coating chicken on all sides.
4. Let chicken marinate for a 1/2 hour to hour covered in fridge (or longer if you wish).
5. Thread marinated chicken tenders onto a pre-soaked wooden skewer.
6. Place souvlaki onto a screaming hot grill and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until the chicken is cooked through and has golden brown grill marks.