View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 04:44 AM   #11
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Update

MRI ON 07 15 11 Report - Bad

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 2:15 AM

Austin had an episode of temperature over the week-end right after high MRI. We were in and out of the ER twice before it would go down. His temp went up as high as 104.8. This was fever of unknown etiology.

But the temperature was not what caught us by surprise. As we sat waiting for Dr. Bowers to come in so we can discuss what we thought will be Austin future treatment plan post double enucleation. He stand up went to the door and close it before he started to talk.

As a mother I know something was wrong. Austinís MRI was abnormal with a small fluid collection behind the implant. The radiologist could not rule out progressive tumor.

Dr. Bowers discussed that they could possibly rule it out as suggested by the radiologist by taking Austinís right implant out to see what is there. This was discussed with Dr. Spencer who told him that NO, not that easy.

I requested for the MRI to be read by Dr. Zimmerman, Dr. Bowers indicates that he will see the same thing. Carlos and I had to argue with him that all the other reports so far Dr. Zimmerman has been correct even correcting it with the pathology report. He finally agrees to send it for a second opinion but refused to send it from the hospital so we did it ourselves. That is another dislike about this place. We did this on the last MRI and they gave us an incomplete CD of the MRI. I had to argue with them and it went all the way to the hospital radiology director. They are still saying it was a matter of interpretation. I am just livid.

Anyway, we had already sent the CD to Dr. Zimmerman and sent everything to Dr. Shields. Austin will be seeing Dr. Spencer tomorrow afternoon. I am anxiously waiting to see what Dr. Spencer has to say. As for now, Austin is considered in critical stage. He will have another MRI in 6 weeks and then one every 3 months for a year that is if nothing grows.

Please pray that Dr. Zimmerman will read it correctly and that it is nothing there since they told us that the cancer does not have to spread through the optic nerve. It can go through other way such as thisÖÖ........I really donít know what to say. I didnít sleep last night and I am just worry sick right now. It doesnít help with me being sick either.

Anyway, I have to get some sleep. I have to work early tomorrow so that I can go to the doctor appointment with Austin.

Thank you very much for checking on Austin.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!