View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 06:34 AM   #10
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Update on Austin implant

Randy Trawnik took a look at Austin right implant to see if the clear conformer is still there and it is. This is not without him putting up a huge fight. Apparently, Philly uses a different type of conformer than Dallas so we it is totally new to us. Thank God it is still there; because we would not know how to put it back it, especially with right eye his eye being smaller than the left. Of course we don’t even know how to put the left eye in and out so it really doesn’t matter.

For now, we will just make sure that he has a bandage on 24/7 so that the conformer stay where it is until Dr. Spencer clear him for the prosthesis on July 14.

Since I just wrote down the follow-up date, I just realized that we have a conflict in our schedule. Austin is also schedule for his baseline MRI on July 14 post enucleation at Children’s, oops.

Okay, Carlos will need to re-schedule this since I am extremely busy.

Aside, from all this we will find out how often Austin follow up appointments is post double enucleation.

Austin is currently in summer school, happy & stubborn just like a toddler. He refused to put his pull-up on yesterday, he just pull it off and lay at the foot of my desk whining……”I want my diaper on”, hm…..I don’t know about this……..!

Of course, I refused to put it back on and he lay at my desk for an hour before giving up then he ask if he would have his big boy diaper on…..That’s my Austin!

Many thanks for checking on Austin and praying for our family.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!