View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 04:09 PM   #31
MonicaR
Inking Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryrose View Post
I got the new SU catty this week. It's so hard to stay frugal when there are so many pretty shiny things, isn't it? I'm challenging myself to use my 12 + year stash to come up with cards/stamps/accessories that are similar in the new catty. This way, I can talk myself out of purchases that I don't really need. I'm even putting them up on my blog to inspire others. (By the way, you'll all love the photo I took of a very funny sign recently...it's posted on my blog today!)

Mary Rose,

I just read some of your blog! It really hit home. Why can't I use what I have and make do. It reminds me of a short poem I heard once..."Make Do, Use it up, Make it last or go without" (or close to that!!)

I haven't been on SCS forever but stumbled across this post and I've been reading with earnest. I have to use what I have and make do with it to make almost like the new cattie and other things I see. It's really a simple concept. I did buy some stuff at the scrapbook store on Friday and then I bought some stuff at Michael's today but that's all I'm buying unless I run out of glue or card adhesive - creativity is going to be my middle name!

Love your blog. Very inspiring!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!