View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 07:01 AM   #13
flash&rusty
Polyshrink Goddess

As of June 30th, I have spent $326.43 on supplies. Not the cold turkey I had hoped for, but certainly on a huge diet! Of that amount, $210 was spend in June. But what I am most committed to is using up my stash. To date I have made almost 100 cards, and every single one of them has old papers, stamps, embellishments, etc. My commitment to myself was to shop my stash extensively, purge and donate unwanted items, and NO MORE PAPER PURCHASES until I had used up (or at least seriously depleted) my own! I started a gallery this past week, and most if not all of the cards have been shopping my stash. I did 2 separate purges and donated to my son's school, and although I did buy some new paper, they were very specific (graduation, hockey and football) that I did not have and couldn't find something else to substitute.

I did kind of fall off the wagon in June and slipped into some old habits - reading about a great sale at M's on word stamps, sale bins on embellishments - but have vowed to get right back on that wagon. In fact yesterday, my whole family spent the day shopping in the States, and even though my family all asked several times if I wanted to go in, I avoided Joanns & Archivers (we don't have those in Canada so are a real treat) and Michaels (the US Michaels are so much bigger and better stocked than ours in Canada) completely.

So, the first 6 months were good, but not perfect, and I expect the next 6 will be great, not perfect. But as other posters have said, what this has done is to make me really THINK about my purchases, curb the impulse buying and really search for alternative within my own stash before I go out to purchase.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!