View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 07:10 PM   #10
babydal57
Die Cut Diva

I have not kept track, and I never planned to go "cold turkey." More like eating left overs instead of stopping at a restaurant.

But I have to say that with a VERY few exceptions, I have kept my promise to myself to think about purchases before actually purchasing. Impulse buys are a weakness of mine.

Soooo...... I have sat on all my SU orders for at least a week, if not a month, before placing them. This has cut down both the amount I spent on an order and the number of orders I made. I've also really cut back on my PTI orders. My only large order was in Feb and that was planned to be that way. I also thought about an Amuse order for almost 3 months before actually placing it, and that was because I got a 20% coupon and I knew I'd order later at full price if I didn't use it.

I've also stopped going to Joann's, Michaels, ACMoore, etc for the most part. I still do go when I need something and it's on sale (or I have a coupon), but I don't go just to go.

I still go to and buy from my LSS's. I've gotten very picky and I'd rather buy one of what I want from them than 5 things of lesser quality from Michaels.

Anyway, I'm fairly happy with how I'm doing. Now to keep it up. But I don't know that I have the guts to actually keep track for the next 6 months. "Making our Christmas cards" is used to cover a multitude of sins, LOL~

My brand new blog: Tinkering With Ink
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!