View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 09:33 AM   #16
ruthgedalovitch
Glitter Queen

I am reading all of these and am especially pleased to see the comments from appreciative teachers. Here in the UK, we dont have teacher appreciation day, but we often supply little gifts at Christmas and at the end of each year. I do a little choc pressie for each of the kids in my son's class at Christmas, Easter and Summer.

However, the real point of this reply, is that a friend of mine said that her teacher friend ends up throwing away most of her pressies - she gets so many key-rings, mugs etc that she cant possibly keep them all - she feels terrible but because they have "fave teacher" "No1 teacher" etc on them she cant even donate them.

This has made me think - I always try to supply something that will be consumed quickly, rather than something to be kept and "viewed". But it does make me a little "jaded" about the gifts I supply. This year I will be giving a bottle of wine with a small bar of choc hanging on it for each of my son's main teachers. I am hoping that this means it will be consumed relatively quickly!!!

Do other teacher's experience the same issues with receiving gifts - I mean, how many nasty smelling bubble baths can you house when you only have showers???

Are there any words of wisdom that teachers can supply re the gifts they would really, really appreciate - or are my bottles of wine and choc ok???
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!