Cold turkey -- Mid Year Review
Exactly six months into "cold turkey" on craft spending, my total is $762. That sounds like a lot but, believe me, it is a cutback from last year and a huge drop from the unchecked spending I did for years until I was put on a budget.
1. Vowed to stay out of scrapbook/stamping stores and I did! Lots of impulse buys happen in those lovely places.
2. Each purchase is thought and rethought. Will I use this? Every item purchased became like gold to me and got used and loved. No inked stamps at my house anymore!
3. As a hobby SU! demo, trying to spend less lit a fire under me to clean my
house and have a workshop of sorts. Not a huge sale but it was that much less of my own money I had to use to meet the minimums.
4. Just because Michael's sent me a coupon doesn't mean I have to use it!
5. Writing down each and every purchase made me aware of exactly where the money goes. It felt good to manage my money better!
How is everyone doing? Did you track your spending? Use up some of your stash? Avoid temptations that are out there?
Total up those receipts and check in here!