Over the last couple of weeks, I have been goofing around with different ideas for techniques. I have some of my most creative moments when I’m just playing with no result in mind. Sometimes I take an older technique and try to either update it or use the newer supplies and tools to make it easier.
~ Name That Technique ~
Today’s technique is in its infancy. In fact, it doesn’t even have a name yet! We’re going to have a little fun with that. First I’m going to tell you what to do….
The idea is to create a sort of window with some of your image showing on the window frame.
- Stamp an image on cardstock (base image)
- Measure the image at its widest and tallest points
- Create a (what I’m calling) a negative mask using either dies or punches ~
(mine looks like two window panes)
- Your cutouts need to be small enough to allow part of the image to spill onto the frame
- Stamp the same image on the negative mask
- Color your 1st image using coloring medium of your choice
- Color the parts of your image that show on the negative mask
** Try using different colors on the negative mask from what you use on the base
** Try embossing your frame or dressing it up in some other way.
Now here’s the fun part…. I’m asking for help in naming this technique! If you want to play along in the naming of the technique, please put your “name” in the description of your card upload.
Here's my sample:
~ Name that Technique
Please remember to use KEYWORD TLC331
(no spaces) on upload.
You can view the TLC331