I made this last night from PW website. It was very good. I might use halved cherry tomatoes next time but overall it was well received with the kids. Light and a cinch to make.
Pasta with Pesto Cream
• ¾ cups Fresh Basil Leaves
• ½ cups Grated Parmesan Cheese
• 3 Tablespoons Pine Nuts - didn't have them on hand
• 2 cloves Garlic, Peeled
• Salt And Pepper, to taste
• ⅓ cups Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• ½ cups Heavy Cream
• 2 Tablespoons Butter
• ¼ cups Grated Parmesan (additional)
• 12 ounces, weight Pasta (cavitappi, Fusili, Etc.)
• 2 whole Tomatoes, Diced
Cook pasta until al dente.
Add basil leaves, 1/2 cup Parmesan, pine nuts, garlic,and salt and pepper to a food processor or blender. Turn machine on, then drizzle in olive oil while it mixes. Continue blending until combined, adding additional olive oil if needed. Set aside.
Heat cream and butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add pesto and stir.
Drain pasta and place in a serving bowl. Pour pesto cream over the top. Toss to combine. Add diced tomatoes and toss quickly. Serve immediately with Parmesan