View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 03:52 AM   #16
Mothermark
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart APPRECIATION STATION ~ WARM FUZZIES MMTPT134!

WARM FUZZIES FROM JOY AND LAUREN

The destination for MMTPT134 was Lauren.....a young actress that had health issues that were keeping her from reaching her goals. This is an update and a thank you to the teapotters for the wonderful cards that Lauren received during a difficult time for her.

In Joy's own words.

Hi Cindy,

First, thanks again for all you and the Teapotters did for Lauren at a time when she needed an uplifting of spirits. Things were so rough for her for such a long time and she is still having some rough patches, like today when her arthritis in her knee is hurting. But my daughter picks up and goes on with life and I'm very proud of her. I am sending you a picture of her with all the cards she received up until around March.

She had such great fun receiving them and they really cheered her up. Because she knows the effort that goes into making cards, she treasures them and has them stored safely away.

Now an update:

She is on a really strict diet...no caffeine, no excess sugar, no fruit except blueberries and watermelon, very limited red meat, no tomatoes, no chocolate...yep no chocolate. She is also lactose intolerant, and celiac intolerant...no pasta, bread, pizza, sandwiches, subs, etc. So we are now both on a very "eat clean diet" and she has been doing so much better. She goes to the gym several times a week and is in great shape. She recently ran a 5K run for "Run Drugs out of Town" here in the area.

Starting in September she will be filming an independent movie as the lead which will include sometime spent in Maine! We are super excited and she has been filming commercials for it. Nothing is out and it is an independent film, but she at least is going to work in her field! In the meantime she has a part-time job at DSW Warehouse, a shoe store, and enjoys it a lot.

As long as she remains on the diet, she has done really well. If she accidentally eats something she isn't supposed to, she has pain. We are really careful at restaurants and I've gotten to where I don't feel the need for red meat, chocolate, or anything with wheat. So it's not been a hardship for me too much. Ok...except for the occasional craving for pizza! lol.

Hugs to you all.

Joy Moss/cotdsffs

A big thank you to all who sent cards!
Attached Thumbnails
lauren-her-cards-.jpg  

Last edited by Mothermark; 06-19-2011 at 03:58 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!