Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-07-2011, 09:54 AM   #1  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's Cooking Master Challenge Thread

This will be the one-stop spot to see all the challenges. ONLY challenges posted please. All chatting and linking pages to challenges will be in each challenge's thread.

Now, Let's see WHAT'S COOKING!

Last edited by Lmn; 07-20-2011 at 07:05 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2011, 10:04 AM   #2  
Glitter Guru

Default MAY11VSBNA ~ Saturday, May 7 ~ 2:00pm (EST) ~ Sandwiched

Title: Sandwiched
Hostess: Michele (fmtinsley)
Keyword: MAY11VSBNA
Day/Date: Sat., May 7
Time: 2:00pm (EST)

Let�s get cooking! Since my challenge is mid-day, I thought I would do a classic lunchtime meal � the sandwich. A favorite lunch meal at my house is Grilled Cheese sandwiches. There is just something about the cheese melting and crispy golden bread that is so yummy. Peanut Buttter & Jelly runs a close second. I also like a good egg salad or chicken salad sandwich. My husband likes ham and cheese with lettuce, mustard and mayo. MMMMMMMM! So, what�s your favorite sandwich?

My challenge to you is to create a page using the sketch below and create it like your favorite sandwich. All pages should start with two slices of bread (top and bottom borders) and each item you add to your sandwich is another layer to your page. Your photos are the main ingredient in the center. The first sketch is a basic one. This is like my grilled cheese and ham. The bread is the yellow, the blue is cheese (yep, I like two slices of cheese) and the middle is the ham. The second sketch includes some embellishments. Yellow is bread, blue is lettuce, flowers are pickles or mustard or mayo, middle is ham/cheese. So you should have bread and a main ingredient (photos) and build from there.

Examples: (built top to bottom)
Grilled Cheese - bread(top border), cheese(photos), bread(bottom border)
Grilled Ham/Cheese - bread(top border), cheese(border), ham(photos), bread(bottom border)
PB&J - bread(top border), Peanut Butter(border or photos), Jelly (photos or border), bread(bottom border)

My Sample: Goofy X 3

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. To be considered for VSBN Prizes, ALL mini-VSBN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON SUNDAY, May 15th.

2. You have 2 hours to complete the challenge. Please be sure to write your description of how you interpreted his/her challenge in your Upload Description.

3. Please remember to put in the correct KEYWORD MAY11VSBNA when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission may not be seen for consideration. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure you layout is seen by the host and all visitors.
Attached Thumbnails
What's Cooking Master Challenge Thread-vsbn2011maya1-page-005.jpg   What's Cooking Master Challenge Thread-vsbn2011maya2-page-006.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2011, 11:52 AM   #3  
Gallery Gazer

Title: Golden Margarita
Hostess: Mary Pat (Mary_Pat419)
Keyword: MAY11VSBNB
Day/Date: Saturday /May 7
Time: 4 PM (EST)

Cheers to My Fellow Scrappers!

My recipe for you today involves one of my favorite style of food/drinks, Mexican. We�ve just past Cinco de Mayo, which is Mexico�s Independence Day, but for us in the U.S. it�s just a fun holiday to eat, drink, & be merry with friends!

One of my favorite jobs was cocktailing and bartending at a fun Mexican restaurant called Casa Lupita. I loved the people I worked with and the food was wonderful...Nachos, Burrito Esplandito, Arroz con Pollo�and so much more! My favorite drink to go with them all was a Golden Margarita!

If you want to make yourself a Golden Margarita before this challenge this is what you need: 1 oz. Jose Cuervo 1800 Gold Tequila, 1/2 oz Grand Marnier, 1.5 oz Rose�s lime juice, 1.5 oz Simple Syrup, & a splash of sour mix �shaken and poured over ice toped with a garnish of lime�salted rim optional.

Here is my challenge to you, put the following items together to create your delicious scrappy Golden Margarita:

Jose Cuervo Gold Tequila: use gold on your page

Grand Marnier (orange liquor): use orange paper on your page

Rose�s Lime Juice: the key word here is �Rose�s�, so use a flower(s) on your page

Simple Syrup: this is something you need to �premix'�equal parts sugar & water boiled then cooled. Use something that you had to premake to put on the page

Sour Mix: use a bit of sour �lemon� (yellow) to add some brightness to your page

Lime garnish ~ the smooth or bumpy rind of the lime is where a lot of the flavor resides: use texture as the garnish to your page.

Salt (optional): the bling on the glass�use a little bling if you like the taste

Now as popular as frozen Margarita�s are they are nothing compared to this shaken blend of ingredients for a cool, refreshing, relaxing drink to go with some of your favorite Mexican (or non-Mexican ;-) ) recipes!

My Sample: Bloom Where You Are Planted

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. To be considered for VSBN Recognition, ALL VSBN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON SUNDAY, May 15th.

2. You have a totla of 2 working hours to complete the challenge. Please be sure to write your description of how you interpreted his/her challenge in your Upload Description.

3. Please remember to put in the correct KEYWORD MAY11VSBNB when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission may not be seen for consideration. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure you layout is seen by the host and all visitors.
Attached Thumbnails
What's Cooking Master Challenge Thread-bloom-where-you-planted.jpg  

Last edited by fmtinsley; 05-07-2011 at 04:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2011, 01:47 PM   #4  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 588 Likes on 240 Posts

Title: Celebrate/Food
Hostess: Mary Beth/lutheran
Keyword: MAY11VSBNC
Day/Date: Saturday, May 7
Time: 6p.m. EDT

It's hard to separate food and celebrations. Can't have a birthday without cake; Christmas is not the same without Uncle Fred's eggnog.

The theme for this challenge is to scrap your cherished food/celebration/event memories. Include photos and your story.

Challenge: Punch, stencil, stamp, die cut or hand cut a geometic shape and repeat the shape throughout your layout. For a "graduate level" challenge, add texture and/or specialty papers. On my 2 page layout, I used circles of various sizes, vellum, mulberry, a tissue napkin and roughed up edges.

Enjoy your tasty trip down memory lane!

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE: MAY11VSBNC

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. To be considered for VSBN Recognition, ALL VSBN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10 p.m. (EDT) SUNDAY, MAY 15.

2. You have two hours to complete your layout. Please include a brief description of how you interpreted the challenge.

3. Remember to use MAY11VSBNC as the Keyword; a wrong keyword can keep your layout from consideration. Copying and pasting the keyword is suggested to avoid errors.

It is also recommended to post a link to your creation in this chat thread to make sure it is seen by the hostess and other players.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2011, 04:01 PM   #5  
Compulsive Stamper

Title: Top Secret Recipe
Hostess: Jeremy, chefjeremy
Keyword: May11VSBND
Day/Date: Saturday, May 7
Time: 8p.m. EDT

Thank you everyone for the warm SCS welcome, I am really excited to be joining in the fun of VSBN. I am a chef, I received my culinary degree in 2005 and have worked in the industry for over 10 years. Today's challenge is a color challenge with a twist. Follow my recipe for a delicious meal and a fabulous scrapbook page.

1# any style whole grain or wheat pasta (Kraft)

2 whole bell peppers, cut into strips- I used red and orange

1# of boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenders

1 zucchini cut in half, then cut into about 1 1/2" thick half moons (Green)

Optional garnish: parmesan cheese

Bring a pot of water to a boil for the pasta, do not add salt to water until it has begun boiling. Coat the chicken with Shake n Bake Garlic and Herb cook as directed, Add about a tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil to a saute pan, let it heat up for about a minute then add all the veggies as well as a 2 tsp of fresh garlic, and your favorite italian herbs (basil, oregano, marjoram, and Thyme) cook until they are al dente (not totally soft but not crunchy either). Cook pasta to al dente as well (approx 2 min less than the box says). Plate pasta, then add veggies, add your chicken (cut into strips).

Start your page with Kraft, add red, orange and green
Bonus: use embossing powder, glitter or flock as a garnish.

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE: May11VSBND

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. To be considered for VSBN Recognition, ALL VSBN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10 p.m. (EDT) SUNDAY, MAY 15.

2. You have two hours to complete your layout. Please include a brief description of how you interpreted the challenge.

3. Remember to use MAY11VSBND as the Keyword; a wrong keyword can keep your layout from consideration. Copying and pasting the keyword is suggested to avoid errors.

It is also recommended to post a link to your creation in this chat thread to make sure it is seen by the hostess and other players.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2011, 07:29 PM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

Default JUN11VSBNE ~ Friday, June 17, 2011 ~ 6:00 PM EST ~ Getting Passionate

Title: Getting Passionate
Hostess: Natalie/momofanakin
Keyword: JUN11VSBNE
Day/Date: Friday, June 17, 2011
Time: 6:00 PM (EST)

I AM SO EXCITED TO KICK OFF THE �WHAT'S COOKING� VSBN!!!

I know for many people cooking is a passion. Well, that's not me! I do not like to cook!!! However, I do like to eat and in my family we have many food favorites, bordering on the edge of being passions! Everyone has a favorite something...or a passion. Think about it while I tell you about my husband...

My husband is a beer collector. Yes, he really is. Yes, he drinks it, but as a connoisseur, not a guzzler. Think about your passion and love for stamps or designer paper and just substitute that with craft beer, and you have my husband's passion! We have a routine. Every time my husband opens and tries a new beer, I take his picture with the bottle and a picture of the bottle poured into the proper glass. The purpose for this is to scrapbook his beer �journeys�. Yeah, I do love him that much! I leave room on the pages for him to journal about the beer. Sometimes I include what I know about the particular beer and any other important info. If possible, I like to include a bottlecap, the font of the company, or a die cut that matches the beer.

Why am I telling you all of this????

I am telling you this because my challenge to you is to scrap a favorite or passion. I'd like you to include a picture of that favorite alone and with the lover of it. Now it doesn't have to be food, as you can see my hubby's passion is a beverage. It can be a sport or hobby or even a person! Don't have pictures of the exact thing? Find some online or make one as a die cut. I'd love for your layout to use a diecut of the item or a recognizable label. Bonus points if you use a font that goes with your item as part of your journaling or title. You also MUST journal about your favorite. Why is it your passion or favorite???

I can't wait to see what everyone's passions are! I have included some pages that are part of my hubby's album and that include the elements I have asked you for.

HAVE FUN AND HAPPY VSBN!!!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. To be considered for VSBN Prizes, ALL VSBN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON SUNDAY, June 26th for the main.

2. You have 2 hours to complete the challenge. Please be sure to write your description of how you interpreted his/her challenge in your Upload Description.

3. Please remember to put in the correct KEYWORD JUN11VSBNE when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission may not be seen for consideration. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

My Blog
ScrappyNatty
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2011, 03:00 PM   #7  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue
Default JUN11VSBNF - Cooking.com Inspiration Challenge

Title: Cooking.com Inspiration Challenge
Hostess: Lydia (Understandblue)
Keyword: JUN11VSBNF
Day/Date: Friday, June 17
Time: 8 PM EDT

Hungry for a little inspiration?

Our friends at Cooking.com have sweetened the pot this VSBN with a $300 gift card for
one lucky Splitcoast member who completes all the challenges this weekend.

Ready to get in the kitchen? Here's what you need to do.

Choose one of the following images for your inspiration piece when you create your layout.

First up, the colorful Zak! Designs mixing bowl:

Or, use this beautiful mix and match dinnerware set from Pfaltzgraff:

OR, for your third option, find your own inspiration photo from Cooking.com and be sure and link us to what you used.

Here are some fun Cooking.com brands you may find inspiring
Le Creuset
Fiesta
Kitchen Aid
Rachael Ray
Emile Henry
Staub

Choose the colors, the designs, take inspiration from one or both images - whatever suits your scrapbooking "taste"!

Most importantly - have fun with it!

Any scrapper who completes all the VSBN challenges by the challenge deadline will be entered into a
random drawing to win this fantastic Cooking.com gift card!

For all you foodies out there, Cooking.com offers newsletters with new product info, recipes and cooking tips.

Contest Rules and Prize Redemption:

Cooking.com Prize Drawing Eligibility: To enter the Cooking.com prize drawing you must be a lawful permanent resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia or legal resident of Canada (excluding the province of Quebec), and be 18 years of age or older. The Cooking.com prize drawing is void outside of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, in Puerto Rico, U.S. territories, possessions and commonwealths, and where restricted or prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor and other participating partners, their affiliate companies, parents, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, and their immediate families and members of their households, are not eligible to participate in the Cooking.com prize drawing.

Drawing and Notification: TheCooking.com prize drawing winner will be randomly selected from all eligible entries. If the winner does not respond within five days, a new winner will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.

For my sample for this challenge I took inspiration from the bold colors of the bowl. I was thinking about the pictures I'd taken that have the boldest, most vivid and unusual color combinations and I kept coming back to the finest of all artists - Mother Nature herself! She's not matchy matchy - she's loud and proud and bright and filled with gorgeous opposites.

Have fun!!

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE: JUN11VSBNF

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. To be considered for VSBN Prizes, ALL main VSBN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON SUNDAY, June 26th.

3. Please remember to put in the correct KEYWORD JUN11VSBNF when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission may not be seen for consideration. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Thumbnails
What's Cooking Master Challenge Thread-vsbn-cooking-challeng-sample.jpg  

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 06-17-2011 at 03:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2011, 03:03 PM   #8  
Glitter Guru

Default JUN11VSBNG ~ Friday, Jun 17 ~10:00pm ~ Late Night Munchies

Title:Late Night Munchies
Hostess: Michele (fmtinsley)
Keyword: JUN11VSBNG
Day/Date: Friday, June 17th
Time: 10:00pm (EST)

If you are in the eastern time zone, it is 10pm and time for a late night snack! If you are not, well, I'm not even going to try and figure out the different time zones so let's just say it's snack time everywhere! One of my favorite snacks I like to make that is a recipe is Puppy Chow. You might also recognize it as Chex Muddy Buddies. I usually make a batch to take to scrapbook retreats too.

I've given the recipe below and attached a photo but let's get snacking on the challenge. My challenge is to use the sketch provided and the colors brown & white to represent the chocolate and powdered sugar. I didn't specify a place for the title and journaling so I am leaving it up to you for placement.

Chex Muddy Buddies (from website)
Ingredients
9 cups Rice Chex�, Corn Chex� or Chocolate Chex� cereal (or combination)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
(Substitution: Peanut butter and chocolate are a favorite flavor combo, but peanut butter lovers can substitute peanut butter chips for the chocolate chips to intensify that flavor. )

Directions
1. Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
2. In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
3. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container

My Sample:Animal Kingdom

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE: JUN11VSBNG

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. To be considered for VSBN Prizes, ALL main VSBN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON SUNDAY, June 26th.

3. Please remember to put in the correct KEYWORD JUN11VSBNG when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission may not be seen for consideration. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Thumbnails
What's Cooking Master Challenge Thread-june11vsbng-sketch-page-009.jpg   What's Cooking Master Challenge Thread-chex-puppy-chow.jpg  

Last edited by fmtinsley; 06-17-2011 at 06:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2011, 03:24 PM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default JUN11VSBNH ~ Saturday, June 18, 2011 ~ Noon EST ~ Layers of Lasagne

JUN11VSBNH ~ Saturday, June 18, 2011 ~ Noon EST ~ Layers of Lasagna

Title: Layers of Lasagna
Hostess: Linda (daphne532)
Keyword: JUN11VSBNH
Day/Date: Saturday, June 18, 2011
Time: Noon (EST)

My favorite food has long been lasagna. I can remember it being at every big family event that my grandmother ever put on. It was even required to be on the tables at Thanksgiving and Christmas. I learned to make my lasagna with many layers. For this challenge, we will be using layers. Your goal will be to make your page with at least three layers of papers (lasagna noodles). In addition to your lasagna noodles you need your pictures (meat sauce). In order to have a really good meat sauce I use two types of meat in my lasagna so we should have at least two pictures on your pages. In your sauce, you need to put your spices (embellishments), and don't forget the cheeses (die cuts, punches or stickers of your choice).

I'd love to see the way you spice up YOUR lasagna!

Here is my sample: What's Cooking Master Challenge Thread-june11vsbnh_daphne532.jpg

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. To be considered for VSBN Prizes, ALL VSBN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON SUNDAY, June 26th.

3. Please remember to put in the correct KEYWORD: JUN11VSBNH when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission may not be seen for consideration. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Come Join Spring 2011 VSBN!

Last edited by daphne532; 06-18-2011 at 08:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2011, 07:57 PM   #10  
Insane Embellisher

Default JUN11VSBNI ~ Saturday, June 18, 2011 ~ 2:00 PM EST ~ Spice Up Your Life!

JUN11VSBNI ~ Saturday, June 18, 2011 ~ 2:00 PM EST ~ Spice Up Your Life!

Title: Spice Up Your Life!
Hostess: Chantsie
Keyword: JUN11VSBNI
Day/Date : Saturday, June 18
Time: 2pm EST

Spice up your life! Time for some Indian cuisine!

Time flies! 18 years ago I spent 3 months in India. It was a deeply enriching and challenging exp�rience : I learned so much about Indian culture, history, traditions, and of course, cuisine! The food was very hot and spicy and it took me weeks to get used to it!!!! My challenges are based on both the savoury and sweet dishes I ate while I was there.

Colour palette 1 : COLOURS OF SPICES – Give your page lots of flavour : mustard, chili powder, turmeric (light orange or yellow-orange), tomatoe, black pepper. Use at least three of these colours for your layout.

Extra credit – Add some green!!! cumin (gray-green), chili green (dark and rich) are a couple of suggestions. It can be rhinestones, glitter, paper or other embellishments! See examples of dishes here:
Google Images

Colour palette 2 : DESSERTS – Time to sweeten things a little!!! White, orange, pink, vermillion, gold and golden brown are common colours for Indian sweets.
Choose at least three of these colours for your layout. See some Indian sweets here:
Google Images

Extra credit – Did you notice the Vark, an edible silver foil, on some of the sweets in the picture? Integrate silver embellishments such as brads, rhinestones, foil, ribbon, or paper for extra credit!!!!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. To be considered for VSBN Prizes, ALL VSBN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON SUNDAY, June 26th.

3. Please remember to put in the correct KEYWORD JUN11VSBNI when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission may not be seen for consideration. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Last edited by fmtinsley; 06-18-2011 at 10:10 AM.. Reason: Challenge added!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2011, 11:50 AM   #11  
Gallery Gazer

Default Jun11VSBNJ ~ Saturday, June 18, 2011 ~ 4:00 PM EST ~ Party Cooking

Title: Party Cooking
Hostess: Mary Pat (Mary_Pat419)
Keyword: JUN11VSBNJ
Day/Date: Saturday /June 18
Time: 4 PM (EST)

I have to share a secret with you�I was a Sales Director for The Pampered Chef for 8 years�and I don�t like to cook! Okay, it�s not that bad�I actually enjoy �party� cooking because everyone gives you such wonderful compliments whereas the family�not so much. Everyday cooking is boring to me but when I host a party or go to a party, I go ALL out�I LOVE TO COOK THEN!

I will have to say, my go-to recipes are from The Pampered Chef because they are always the hit of the party�they never fail! I usually bring deserts: Red, White & Blueberry Pie, Pumpkin Pie a la Easy, or Banana Cream Brownie Squares. Lately, I�ve been making main meal recipes: Taco Lasagna (my husband�s favorite); Mandarin Pasta Salad, 7-Layer Southwestern Salad�or my latest favorite Grilled Steak & Potato Salad! These are often my go-to items for my family too. I�ve attached a few of the recipes for you to peruse and enjoy but be sure to look up the others because they are YUMMY!!!

So this is my challenge to you:
1) Pick �Party Pictures� for this challenge and be sure to use �Party� somewhere in your title or journaling.
2) Select one or two �go-to� embellishments and use them on your page.
3) Pick one of the recipes mentioned in the above second paragraph and create your page around it. You can use the title for your inspiration or you can select the recipe ingredients (from one recipe only). To use the recipe ingredients for your page check out this link to see if it's listed; or, you can Google the Recipe title: Pampered Chef Recipe Resource
4) You must list in your posting what recipe you selected and what you used to represent it�be descriptive!

My Sample: Fort Wilderness Camping Party!

There are a few of these Recipes for you to print and enjoy below!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. To be considered for VSBN Recognition, ALL VSBN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON SUNDAY, June 26.

2. You have a total of 2 working hours to complete the challenge. Please be sure to write your description of how you interpreted his/her challenge in your Upload Description.

3. Please remember to put in the correct KEYWORD JUN11VSBNJ when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission may not be seen for consideration. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout is seen by the host and all visitors.
Attached Thumbnails
What's Cooking Master Challenge Thread-grilled-steak-potato-salad.jpg   What's Cooking Master Challenge Thread-mandarin-pasta-salad.jpg   What's Cooking Master Challenge Thread-seven-layer-southwestern-salad.jpg  

Last edited by Mary_Pat419; 06-18-2011 at 12:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2011, 02:06 PM   #12  
Glitter Guru

Default JUN11VSBNK ~ Sat. June 18 ~ 6:00pm ~ Feeling a Little Crabby

Title: Feeling a Little Crabby
Hostess: Lura (lurasfaith)
Keyword: JUN11VSBNK
Day/Date: Sat., June 18
Time: 6:00pm (EST)

A few years ago I went with a friend after work to a little restaurant to get a "bucket of trash", a little metal bucket with several different kinds of seafood in it. I had never tried crab legs before, it seemed like so much work for such a small reward, but she cracked the shells for me and I gave it a shot. I HATED IT!!!! Oh my goodness, I thought they truly named this bucket appropriately! She said they weren't very good that night, but she could never talk me into going with her again.;)

Fast forward about 10 years, my DH kept seeing commercials for Joe's Crab Shack on tv and fell in love with the steam pot. While on vacation one year we went to Joe's for his seafood fix. We each got a steam pot and agreed that he would get my crab legs and I would take what I liked out of his. He kept saying he thought I would like the crab legs if I would just try them, but I kept insisting that I would not. Finally, I tried a piece and I loved it! I don't know what the difference was, but I'm pretty hooked now. Needless to say, he didn't get my crab legs! We even bought some at the grocery store and had them again that same week on vacation. They are still a lot of work, but now I think it is worth it!

So in honor of the crab leg, my challenge to you is to retry something you thought you didn't like, a color combo, an embellishment that you liked when you bought it but couldn't seem to make it go with anything, or maybe a tool you paid a fortune for but seems too hard to use. Also, because the meat is hidden inside the shell, there must be something hidden on your page. Maybe journaling or a story with a hidden meaning being told by your photos. Give these things a try because who knows, you may rediscover something that becomes your new favorite!

Here's my sample

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. To be considered for VSBN Prizes, ALL mini-VSBN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON SUNDAY, June 26th.

3. Please remember to put in the correct KEYWORD JUN11VSBNK when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission may not be seen for consideration. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2011, 03:04 PM   #13  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Default JUN11VSBNL ~ Saturday, June 18, 2011 ~ 8:00 PM EST ~ Alphabet Soup Mmm Mmm Good!

Title: Alphabet Soup
Hostess: Patty (pattyb)
Keyword: JUN11VSBNL
Day/Date: Saturday, June 18th
Time: 8:00 pm (EST)

Sometimes the hardest part of your page is the title, journaling, and just finding ingredients in general! So I�m challenging you to cook up a pot of "Alphabet Soup!"

Mix up a page element using the website> ABCya! Word Clouds for Kids! After you have your word cloud you can print it off and use it as an element on your page, or if you�re a digi scrapper you can save it to your computer and use it as an element or as the background.

Don�t know what words to use? Think of just one word that describes the page you�re working on and then go to Thesaurus.com | Find Synonyms and Antonyms of Words at Thesaurus.com and find all the synonyms that go with that word. For example, if you want to use �delicious� all of these words could also be used to describe what you�re doing:

ambrosial, appetizing, choice, delectable, delightful, delish, distinctive, divine, enjoyable, enticing, exquisite, fit for king, good, gratifying, heavenly, luscious, mellow, mouthwatering, nice, palatable, piquant, pleasant, rare, rich, savory, scrumptious, spicy, sweet, tasteful, tasty, tempting, titillating, toothsome, well-prepared, well-seasoned, yummy

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. To be considered for VSBN Prizes, ALL VSBN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON SUNDAY, June 26th 2011

3. Please remember to put in the correct KEYWORDJUN11VSBNL when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission may not be seen for consideration. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure you layout is seen by the host and all visitors
Attached Thumbnails
What's Cooking Master Challenge Thread-kait-001.jpg   What's Cooking Master Challenge Thread-horse-crazy-001.jpg  

Love SU!? Join the Crew!
The CreativeCrew <The Gallery
CreativeCrew Play Along <The Challenges

Last edited by pattyb; 06-18-2011 at 04:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2011, 05:59 PM   #14  
Crimping Master

Title: Lunching With A Friend
Hostess: Crystal (Military Wife)
Keyword: JUN11VSBNM
Day/Date: Saturday, June 18, 2011
Time: 10:00 PM (EST)

We often associate certain foods or restaurants with certain people. For me it's the Olive Garden and my fellow Military wife Corrine. We often went to the Olive Garden for all you can eat soup, salad and breadsticks. Then I was posted away to where there is no Olive Garden but whenever I flew out to see my parents I would fly into Winnipeg and we would go for lunch. Now she has been posted to Germany. I miss my friend, the conversations, and the Zuppa Tuscana. I recently found a knock off recipe of the OG's Zuppa Tuscana and it brought back memories and made me happy.

So here is my challenge to you. Make a knock off. Find a page on SCS that you admire and copy it. You may have to tweek it to make it "taste" just right for you. Since the meal was soup, salad and breadsticks I would like to see at least three pictures to represnt the three items. But since it is all you can eat, you can definately add more pictures. Also, one of my favourite things about the restaurant was the grated parmesan. We are going to let embellishments represent the parmesan. You can add alot or a little. Make it as "cheesey" as you'd like. Bonus points for using pictures of friends together. Be sure to add a link to the page that you copied.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. To be considered for VSBN Recognition, ALL VSBN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Sunday June 26, 2011

2. You have a total of 2 working hours to complete the challenge. Please be sure to write your description of how you interpreted his/her challenge in your Upload Description.

3. Please remember to put in the correct KEYWORD JUN11VSBNM when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission may not be seen for consideration. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Thumbnails
What's Cooking Master Challenge Thread-tea-two-004.jpg   What's Cooking Master Challenge Thread-tea-two-003.jpg  

Last edited by Military Wife; 06-18-2011 at 07:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes