Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-06-2011, 06:14 PM   #1  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MMTPT149 ~ DETECTIVE RED E. TABLOOM! GET THE KEYS TO THE EVIDENCE ROOM!

WELCOME TO TEAPOT TUESDAY
THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING TEAPARTY
AND CHALLENGE #149

DETECTIVE RED E. TABLOOM!!
GET THE KEYS TO THE EVIDENCE ROOM!
IF THE EVIDENCE IS BLOOMIN,
I'M GONNA BE FUMING!

Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion! Your participation in Destination Station is 100% voluntary and not at all required. Just have fun!

This is my story!

1. It's Tuesday again? Whew, these weeks fly by. I just happened to have a story for you since its Teapot Tuesday! Lot's of character's lives are shaped by the silly nic names they are given. In the CASE of Detective Red E. TaBloom, his appearance resulted in the nic name Red. I am not sure what Red's real name is but one look at him tells ya that you don't really need to know that! He is a huge, big ole burly type, a big ole lovable teddy bear with the most amazing, thickest, reddest head of hair you have ever seen! Red really wanted to be a cop, catching bad guys, as he knew the sheer size of him would be a huge advantage on the street. But he ended up a detective for two reasons. It's his softer side and a little flower fetish thingy he's got going on that put him at a desk!

2. In the CASE of the Chief of Police, Willy B. Weedin, in part, it's his parents fault for giving him his name. Willy comes from a long line of cops, his dad, grandfather and great grandfather have all been cops. It's what they do! His mother is a Master Gardner and she's tired of worrying about the men in her life so before he was even born, she was reading him gardening books! That was just down right comical to his father. Ain't no way this boy's gonna be a gardner! So, William Ben Weedin was born and before they even got him home, the teasin' began down at the station. His father's co-workers started calling him Willy B. Weedin. They even put a question mark on the end of his name! All his life he's been intent to show them ain't no way he's gonna be weedin'. That is his Mom's gig. But, now he has earned their respect as Chief of Police and life is good. He takes pride in the fact that his house is surrounded, front and back, by the biggest, baddest weeds in the City! He doesn't do any weedin! It's no surprise, since he is the Chief of Police, that the City's weed ordinances are not enforced, at least not at his house! Go figure!

3. Unsolved Mystery: For years and years, a Master Mind Criminial has been planting clean and simple, single one stemmed flowers in Willy's yard. (Some say this Master Mind Criminal is his mom, the Master Mind Gardner!). This has been quite annoying because everyday before work Willy has to pull 'em up, throw 'em in his squad car and enter 'em into evidence. Someday he will get to the bottom of this! Willy doesn't have a clue that the detective in charge of the keys to the evidence room (Detective Red E. TaBloom) has a fetish for flowers and has turned the evidence room into the most glorious, beautiful and unbelievable array of amazing flowers simply by nursing the *evidence* back to life! Everyday, he unlocks the Evidence Room to see if anything is Red E. TaBloom. He has recently begun to sell product out the back door! Yikes! Call Internal Affairs!

4. Meet Pamela Posey, she and Red are a little cozy! She's the Chief's personal assistant and while looking for some paperwork on her desk, Chief Willy found a hand written personal note: Red, it said, Gerber Daisy's about to bloom! Been in the evidence room? We already have a buyer, should we move the price a little higher?

What is Pamela Posey doing with keys to the evidence room? The Daisies are bloomin? They are being sold! What the heck???

Detective Red E. TaBloom!!
Get the keys to the Evidence Room!
If the evidence is bloomin,
I'm gonna be fuming!

Rut roh! What a shame, this mistake by Red's dame! Red's about to be canned, not exactly what he planned! There goes his career, but do not fear. Forget being a cop, he can open a flower shop! Bring clean and simple flowers! And bring them quick! Red's in the evidence room destroying the evidence and once that's done, he'll be out the door, for shore, for shore! He'll be looking to start his new flower shop but where can he get those starter flowers he so desparately needs? He doesn't dare set foot at the scene of the crime as its the Chief's back yard! That's where we come in! Bring starter flowers! They have to be clean and simple, just beginning their life. Nothing too fancy. He has a knack for taking a clean and simple flower and nursing it to glory. So, that's the end of the story!

Oh! And you get extra cookies for bringing another clean and simple flower identical to your clean and simple flower!

CHALLENGE TRANSLATION:
In this CASE, this week we are bringing Clean and Simple cards with flowers on them. Nothing too elaborate, no big time embellishments, no extra *stuff*, just clean and simple flower's a bloomin. If you are looking for those extra cookies, check out the Destination Station and jump on board!

DESTINATION STATION:
This week's destination is Fort Collins, Colorado. If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about sending it to Lindsay, a young 22 year originally diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma when she was 4 months pregnant with her first child. Lindsay is entering a very rough time in her life. She will be going through an entire month of *killer* chemo treatment. After going through chemo while pregnant, her baby was born normal, happy, and healthy and life was looking up! But recently another lump was found and removed and now she is undergoing a bone marrow transplant and will be in a hospital in Denver for an entire month unable to leave the entire time.

This month's destination has a little twist! For more information on that and Lindsay's situation, as well as the address to mail the cards to, please visit Post #230 in the Teapot Tuesday Destination Station thread. Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your cards. It is strictly voluntary.

Here is my card as well as the card kits I made for Lindsay.

Here is a Quick Link to the Teapot Tuesday #149 Challenge Gallery .

Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT149 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!

Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? SCS has given me permission to create an email Teapot Tuesday Cheater Group and email the challenge out on the Friday before the Tuesday of the challenge so you girls can have the weekend to make your card. Send me a pm with your email address if you wanna be a Cheater! If you dont' want to cheat, I am posting a sneak peak on my blog each week showing you a glimpse of the following week's teapot as well as a hint of the story! It's at the end of the Teapot Tuesday Post each week. I usually post it sometimes during the weekend before the next Tuesday!

If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges. Feel free to grab this I survived Teapot Tuesday Badge for your blog!
Attached Thumbnails
MMTPT149 ~ DETECTIVE RED E. TABLOOM!  GET THE KEYS TO THE EVIDENCE ROOM!-badge_for_teapot_tuesday.jpg   MMTPT149 ~ DETECTIVE RED E. TABLOOM!  GET THE KEYS TO THE EVIDENCE ROOM!-case-teapot.jpg  

Last edited by Mothermark; 06-13-2011 at 05:57 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2011, 06:23 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,976 Likes on 1,492 Posts

What a funny story Cindy! Love it. Here is my CAS Flower. I hope it is okay that I also brought a whole BG of flowers!

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2011, 06:23 PM   #3  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to philsmom

Pamela Posey loves her sweet Red
& someday she hopes they'll wed.
When Chief Willy found the note she wrote
she wanted to throw herself in an alligator filled moat.
She felt so awful about her blunder
that she thought and began to wonder. . .
How could she make it up to her dear Red?
She baked him some homemade bread.
Something yummy for his belly slathered with homemade strawberry jelly!
A pot of tea to wash it all down
will turn his frown upside down!

here's my card
Do I have to come in the back door because I didn't bring flowers?

Oh I am so glad mother's daughter remembered the stamp-that also reminded me to include an envelope with the card kit for Lindsay!

Last edited by philsmom; 06-07-2011 at 06:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2011, 06:27 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 403 Likes on 351 Posts

Cindy, what a neat idea to create a "kit" to go along with our card to Lindsay! I'm afraid mine isn't too CAS, but I think it will be very easy for Lindsay to work with since I did all the "little stuff" for her. Hope she can spend some pleasurable hours creating cards.

TEAPOT OF LOVE
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2011, 06:28 PM   #5  

Thought I was gonna be first but my internet slowed me down.

Here are my bloomers for Lindsay
Charlene -My Gallery
My blog: www.paperandinkplayground.com My shop: thepapersandbox.etsy.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2011, 06:41 PM   #6  
Mad Swapper

Here's my card for Lindsay. Hopefully she'll have fun colouring this image - I sure did!

I'll have to come back to the gallery to comment. Long day today and I'm toast! New pic uploaded - getting used to new software!

Last edited by crystaldolphins; 06-06-2011 at 06:50 PM.. Reason: uploaded new pic
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2011, 06:53 PM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

I kinda goofed. I didn't do any of the colors or flower. Opps! Oh, well. It's still a CAS card and I hope Lindsay will like it. Cards for Lindsay, 2011 by camerabuff - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2011, 06:53 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Here's my card and parts for Lindsay. What a wonderful idea to give Lindsay something to do. Maybe when all is said and done, we will have inspired Lindsay to be a cardmaker!
MMTPT149 Red E TaBloom's journey by mother's daughter - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Have fun and be creative!

Jennifer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2011, 06:55 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,161 Likes on 495 Posts

cindy, Do we need to put anything speical on my big box I mailing to Lindsay's buecase my box not normal card..... I tell you send a zipbag full stuffed. hotwheels
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2011, 07:00 PM   #10  
Splitcoast DirtyDozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's my CAS card for Lindsay.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2011, 07:37 PM   #11  
101 Airborne

Pretty teapot, Cindy, and awesome kits you have prepared for Lindsay! Here is my card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2011, 07:40 PM   #12  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotwheelsView Post
cindy, Do we need to put anything speical on my big box I mailing to Lindsay's buecase my box not normal card..... I tell you send a zipbag full stuffed. hotwheels
Hi there! I answered through pm!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2011, 07:41 PM   #13  
Forum Fanatic

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

My card for this week can be found here
QFTD165
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2011, 08:00 PM   #14  
Gabfest Goddess

Guess what I did, I pushed myself to make a CAS card. Don't laugh, this is hard for me. I made Lindsay 2 kits. My card however has nothing at all in common with the teapot. HERE is mine.
Elizabeth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2011, 08:07 PM   #15  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I am thinking my card might qualify. Karen mention flowers.... My card has flowers and it is sort of a CAS card??? Leave it up to you all....

CC326 - MFP
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2011, 08:18 PM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have my card and kit completed - but my internet connection is terrible this summer - so not much gallery gazing for me. I just hope to get the upload complete!

MMTPT149 ~ Simple flowers by etsdas - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2011, 10:38 PM   #17  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Here is my card for Lindsay and the kit for her to make one also.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2011, 03:12 AM   #18  
*I stamp, therefore I am......*

Thanks Cindy!! here is my card!!!
today is a gift, enjoy every minute....

Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more. ...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2011, 03:28 AM   #19  
Cards for a Cause Challenge Hostess

sneaking in the back yard picking up all those CAS blooms to send to Lindsay, I hope everyone plays along to bring some sunshine to here life!
designing for
verve stamps, sunday stamps, inspired by, and as you see it challenges
AMAZON shopping

Philippians 4:6-7

Looking for a place to send your stash of cards? Check out Cards For A Cause
Help US Help Others!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2011, 03:38 AM   #20  
Inky OceanGazer

hBere is mine.......

BLOSSOM

thanks for looking
Inky Ocean Gazer (my original blog I can no longer get into)
The Inky Ocean Gazer 2 (my new simple blog)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2011, 03:57 AM   #21  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

Here is my card for Linday:
MMTPT149 by RJP111 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2011, 05:24 AM   #22  

here is mine....
MMTPT149 *~*For Lindsay*~* by va.sunshine - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
and
MMTPT149 *~*For Lindsay*~* by va.sunshine - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
designing for
AMAZON shopping

Help US Help Others!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2011, 05:38 AM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Here's mine MMTPT149 A Card for Lindsay by yo sam - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Proud Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2011, 06:06 AM   #24  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni M&M Stamper

Here's my Penny Blush
FS #44
My Blog: wheremmsgather
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2011, 07:55 AM   #25  
Glitter Guru

What a story, I sure hope this round of chemo knocks that cancer out of Lindsay! here's my card to her

CAS Flowers!

Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2011, 08:09 AM   #26  

WOW!!! I can't believe I've been out of the SCS loop for so long. This is the COOLEST challenge and I LOVE LOVE LOVE your story!!!! Going to make a card and play today!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2011, 08:20 AM   #27  
Pearl-ExPert

Oh this brings tears to my eyes. I have not had time to play along lately but will definitely make this a priority. We have a dear friend who was just diagnosed with lymphoma and is undergoing treatments.
She will hold a special place in my prayers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2011, 09:55 AM   #28  

Fun! Here's my card

True Friends

Thanks for taking a peek!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2011, 11:37 AM   #29  

my card kit went out in today's mail for Lindsay along with a card of encouragement for her a little Neveah!
designing for
AMAZON shopping

Help US Help Others!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2011, 11:49 AM   #30  
Loves lavender roses

Received 102 Likes on 76 Posts

Great idea, Cindy! When I get back from appointments and errands, I'll put together those kits.

Flowers for Lindsay (MMTPT149) by MrsBoz - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I'm a Twisted Sister!
FS147

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2011, 11:57 AM   #31  
Gallery Gazer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I am so sorry that I have not yet gotten to the gallery to comment on last week's wonderful cards yet. The end of the year at school just wears me out!

I didn't want to miss the party though - here is my card for this week - Sweet Summer Stem.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2011, 12:19 PM   #32  
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Received 56 Likes on 27 Posts

Ooooh I was playing around with flowers today and then I read todays challenge. I'm so excited because one of the cards I made fits perfectly. Yay!!!! So here is my:

Simple Flower

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2011, 02:12 PM   #33  
Pearl-ExPert

Here's my CAS card for Lindsay. I will be putting this and the prepped kit in the mail to her tomorrow. CAS flower for the tea party by #1volunteer - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2011, 02:47 PM   #34  

Well, I kinda did two versions...one CAS that will go out with kits:
MMTPT149 Simply by momof5sons - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
and one up a notch: MMTPT149 Up a Notch by momof5sons - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2011, 04:22 PM   #35  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Create With Me

Received 174 Likes on 147 Posts

Here's my flower card and I'll be sending it along with a kit to Lindsay! MMTPT149 Clean and Simple Flowers by artystamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2011, 05:29 PM   #36  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

No such luck at keeping it CAS!! Here's my card: Single Flower by DJRants - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2011, 08:07 PM   #37  
BRAK Alumna

I don't know how I managed to put my card in a thread all by itself. Not only can't I count but it appears I can't post a card properly. Oh mercy!
Here is my card and tfl

MMTPT149, Flowers for the Chief by yabbadodo - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2011, 05:47 PM   #38  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Here's mine:
For MMTPT149 by foxy67 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
I can't find the *late List*
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2011, 05:12 AM   #39  
Hardware Hotshot

Red E. TaBloom Loves Pamela Posey MMTPT149 by GardenDiva - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Late AGAIN !!!

GardenDiva
AKA Tina DeLong

FS363
QFTD182

Fan Club Member & Tuesday Teapotter

Hostess MMTPT222
Thyme began in a Garden.

Jeremiah 29:11
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2011, 10:50 PM   #40  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I finally made it to the teaparty - haven't been around for a couple of weeks...

For you Lindsay

Hugs... Pat

My Blog
My SCS gallery
Featured Stamper 81

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
Reply With Quote Likes