View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 07:12 PM   #230
Mothermark
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Default MMTPT149 ~ DESTINATION STATION!

MMTPT149 ~ DESTINATION STATION

This week's destination is Fort Collins, Colorado. If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about sending it to Lindsay. Here is some information about Lindsay.

In March of 2010, MMTPT84 was sort of one of the first challenges that resulted in the Destination Station idea coming about. At that time I was calling it the Softer Side of Teapot Tuesday......as I asked the cards to be send to a co-worker's young daughter, Lindsay........I had started a thread in the Need a Lift Forum asking for cards to be sent. Here is that original thread that tells the story of Lindsay...... Basically, Lindsay was 22 years old at the time, 4 months pregnant and diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma. During her whole pregnancy, she was going through Chemo...a very scary thing by itself but put a baby in the picture and well....you can imagine! The good news is that little Nevaeh (Heaven spelled backwards) was born, a healthy little girl.....Lindsay finished up her treatments, Nevaeh is now a year old and all was well, for awhile! She can't seem to kick the cancer. They found another mass deep in Lindsay's mid section which was removed but next week she is having bone marrow harvested for her bone marrow transplant. She has to be in a hospital in Denver under going what Carla (her mother/my co-worker) refers to as Killer Chemo.

Well, the twist to this Destination Station is that Lindsay loves cards, she doesn't make them, but has always bought cards for all her family, friends and people in her life for any occasion. She is a *card* person. The nurses have advised Lindsay that she will have ALOT of free time on her hands over the next month......she will be bored.....she can't leave the premises! They said you need to bring some sort of crafty project with you to pass the time. She will have access to art supplies at the hospital. So, what better time for Lindsay to learn how to make cards? This is my thought......

When you make your CAS card, make another as a card kit! One that Lindsay can put together using your card to her as an example and the supplies (card kit) you send her along with her card. Lindsay will pretty much just have to put color to the image and glue it together. By making these cards she will have them to send as a thank you, blank note, birthday to someone she knows.....you get the picture.

Let's wish Lindsay well and give her something to keep her busy during her long stay.

Here is the address:

Lindsay Bryant
2901 Doubletree Drive
Fort Collins, CO 80521

Thanks for all you do!

Last edited by Mothermark; 06-07-2011 at 03:25 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!