View Single Post
Old 02-27-2006, 09:50 AM   #40
lacyquilter
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky
Here is my first card...and as I mentioned, mine does not look like the examples you guys are posting...I thought I followed the directions, but when I tried to scan the inside, it would not even fit on the page correctly??? help me someone...
Pinky
Pinky,

When you cut your cs, you are cutting a diagonal line from one end of the cs to the other (the cut is the length of the cs, not the width). You will end up with 2 identical pieces of card stock after you make the cut. If you don't mat the card, the back edge of the card will be on a diagonal, rather than straight across. I did a single mat on mine, so I did my first fold at 4" instead of 4-1/4", but then when I went to mount it on the back piece, I realized that I needed to trim the length as well. I only cut off 1/8", because I was already chopping off part of the picture.

I'm thinking if you want to mat it on a single mat, those first 2 pencil marks need to be at 5-1/4" & 3-1/4". For a double mat, go 5" & 3-1/2". Hope that makes sense & makes it easier for y'all.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery
My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Last edited by lacyquilter; 02-27-2006 at 03:57 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!