View Single Post
Old 02-27-2006, 09:13 AM   #38
showmestamper
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmslmomto3
Beth, I am a bit confused, I tried cutting out a sample card, to get the feel, the sample card that you showed does not have the edges lined up, it is offset, but on your card the edges meet, did you trim your card more then what she showed in the directions? Just trying to figure this out, so I can stamp it. I am suppose to have already been to the grocery store and back..but geez..how can I go when there is stamping to be done??

Thanks!
Lisa, I did have to trim both the left edge of the top "flap" as well as the bottom edge to get it to fit with the double mat.

What I did was just cut the paper in two pieces (one edge was 5 1/2" and the other was 3" ). Then, with the long edge of the triangle on the bottom and the 5 1/2" side of the triangle on my right, I scored at 4 1/4" from the right edge to make the "middle" part. Then I marked where the top flappy should be folded back so that the fold would be flush with the right side. After the top flap was folded over to the left, I had to cut off about an 1/8" of the top flap so that it was flush with the left side.

Then because I decided I wanted to do the double mat, I had to cut off a little on the bottom.

Clear as MUD?? I hope it helps a little.

here's a picture of the template from Linda D's gallery. Maybe that will help!
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...at=4124&page=1
and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin~
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!