View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 05:48 PM   #11
Mothermark
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT142 ~ Cards for Kay

WARM FUZZIES FROM CHARLENE AND HER GRANDMOTHER, KAY!

This is an email that I received from Charlene and I am posting it here for all those who participated in Kay's Destination Station!

Hi Cindy:

Could you please forward this to all the Teapotters. It is from my grandmother (Kay Knelson) and also thanks from my mom (Carolyn) and the rest of the family. Many people got the chance to enjoy the cards when they visited her. I have a flight booked for mid-July so I will get the chance to see them IRL!!!! yay! She is moved into her new home now and trying to get settled. She is still having quite a bit of trouble with her right hand – it hurts and is very weak and she can’t do much with it at all. I know she is suffering from a bit of depression with these health issues and her move and everything. I know that the cards really did help her (and continue to) and she has them to look at whenever she wants. This is a wonderful thing we do and to be close to someone on the receiving end is very humbling! (and she’s 91 tomorrow!)

Here’s her message:

Thank you so much for the Birthday and Get Well wishes when I had surgery on my broken arm. You all helped me through a difficult time, and every message, prayer, and scripture verse was so meaningful and appreciated.

You are a special group of devoted and giving women, and I find it hard to think you spend so much time and expense on someone you don`t even know. May God Bless you all as you continue this ministry of love.

Once again, thank you all!

Last edited by Mothermark; 06-08-2011 at 04:56 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!