View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 11:21 AM   #1
wendella247
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Default SIC100 (05/30/11) Red, White and Blue

flag.jpg
Hello everyone and GREETINGS this MEMORIAL DAY!!!

Normally, it would be Emily’s (stampingout) turn to post a challenge, but due to some family priorities, she has decided to leave her position as co-hostess. As I'm sure we all agree, family comes first, so I know you all join me in wishing her the best and in wanting her to know she will be MISSED!

Thank you, Emily!!

So, if any of you would like to co-host with me, it would require that you post an inspiration challenge ONCE A MONTH. Please contact me if you’re interested. I would welcome you with open arms!

NOW, ON TO THE CHALLENGE!

If you’re from the U.S., today we’re celebrating Memorial Day, a day of remembrance for those who have died in our nation's service. Many Americans nowadays have forgotten the meaning and traditions of Memorial Day. I'm guilty of letting its meaning take a lower priority than it should. I hope this simple challenge will make us stop and think beyond just a day for BBQs to the Americans we have lost.

The challenge: In honor of those fallen heroes, let’s do a page using the three colors of our nation, red, white and blue. Your page doesn't have to be patriotic, it can be about any topic, just be sure to predominantly use the three colors RED – WHITE – BLUE!

Here’s an amazing page by Heather Freeman which I found today in the gallery when I searched for “Memorial Day”.

And here’s a red, white & blue page I did a while ago.

So let's see those pages, ladies--they can be paper, digi or hybrid!!! Don't forget to add SIC100 and SBC11MAY (or in a few days it'll be SBC11JUN!) to your keywords so we can all ooh and ahh!

Check out the RED WHITE & BLUE GALLERY here

Last edited by wendella247; 05-30-2011 at 11:53 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!