View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 05:48 AM   #126
lindsaymay
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappyAmy View Post
I have the original E, not the E2. I have the free versions of make the cut and scal, I was on the fence about buying them because of the lawsuit. Will they still cut?
I think you can buy MTC, just don't update the software again or you will lose that ablility, it will probably ask you every time you open it to update but don't or it won't work any more.

SCAL took away scal and scal 2 and made new software scal3 for all of the other cutters so users won't be tricked into updating. I think sellers have intil the 27 to stop selling scal2 so you might try a reseller like scrappingtable.com to see if they have any copies left. They are no longer selling it on the craft edge website. Be sure to save a copy in a few places in case of a crash I prefer scal2 for die cutting. I don't care for mtc as well but many people love it, it is all what you are used too. I love fairy cut for print and cut applications, it s so easy and right now the only game in town LOL!

The reason I like scal2 is that you can have a design with several pages so if I am working on a large project I can seperate my designs by colors without opening new files and save it all together. It is handy for me. I think you can do that in MTC too

Good luck!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!