View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 05:29 AM   #2694
live2stamp
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfLola View Post
Skillet Chicken, Broccoli, and Penne

2 Tbsp olive oil
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, trimmed and sliced thin (or precooked rotisserie chicken)
1 medium onion, minced
Salt
6 medium garlic cloves, minced
tsp red pepper flakes
2 cups low sodium chicken broth
2 cups water
cup dry white wine
8 oz penne pasta
8 oz broccoli florets (approximately 3 cups)
2 oz Parmesan cheese, grated (approximately 1 cup), plus more for serving
Ground black pepper

Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a 12 inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Add the chicken, break up any clumps, and cook without stirring until it begins to brown, about 1 minute. Stir the chicken and continue to cook until cooked through, about 2 minutes longer. Transfer the chicken to a medium bowl, cover with foil, and set aside.

Add another Tbsp of oil to the skillet along with the onion and 1/4 tsp salt and cook over medium heat until the onion is softened, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in the garlic and pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in the broth, water, wine, pasta, and tsp salt. Increase the heat and cook, stirring often, for 12 minutes. Add the broccoli and continue to simmer until the pasta and broccoli are tender and the liquid has thickened, about 5 minutes longer.

Return the chicken to the skillet to warm through. Off the heat, stir in the Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve, passing additional Parmesan separately.
Thanks so much for sharing this recipe! I've had trouble finding something that everyone is enthusiastic about eating these days, and while I don't think I'll ever see anyone doing cartwheels, I had perfectly cleaned plates last night! I love the ease of this recipe and that the seasoning as listed was great! Seems like so many recipes I've tried lately have needed major tweaking. I'll bet subbing leftover roast beef and beef broth (maybe red wine for the white) would work too!

Thanks again!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!