Thread: Cricut FAQ
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 03:22 PM   #2278
lovetostamp3
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac4551 View Post
my brother surprised me with the E2 - he was sold on the idea it was a special addition and would be not produced again with the 4 carts. I'm not real impressed with it so far - too much hunting to find size of cuts, pressure, etc. I liked the E (also have the baby bug) and it is so much easier to just turn the dials on the sides. I don't have the gypsy, I do have the DS but have only used it maybe 3 times in 4 years and to move the needle to the exact area to cut....I don't see the advantage of the E2. Was it designed for people with the gypsy in mind? I've tried watching videos on it but I guess for now I'm so disappointed in it nothing sinks in. I can't get the cuts to fit right in any of the preloaded carts...which, by the way...I love all 4 of them. It almost looks like those are the only ones needed to create fantastic greeting cards.
The E2 is my first Cricut, and maybe that's why I'm adjusting okay to it, I have nothing to unlearn. I find it easy to navigate and with the icon cheat sheet, it seems simple. I haven't used my gypsy much with it though, I have bought quite a few cartridges on sale and off ebay, and find it easier to put them in and use the machine, but then again, I'm new and still learning, big time!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!