Chicken Souvlaki Pita with Tzatziki
• 1 pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
• 4 teaspoons Cavender's All Purpose Greek Seasoning (found at Walmart)
• 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
• 12 ounces, weight Drained, Non-fat Plain Yogurt
• 1 whole Cucumber, Chopped
• ½ whole Yellow Onion, Chopped – more or less depending on taste
• 2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
Most of this recipe is in the prep. You marinate the chicken for several hours before you grill
Pound out the chicken breast until they are about 1/2 inch thick.
Rub down with olive oil then season both sides generously with the Cavender’s Greek Seasoning Salt. Wrap the chicken in cling wrap and refrigerate for several hours.
Grill on a counter top grill or outside grill. Let sit for a minute or two then slice into strips.
The night before, place 12 oz of plain non-fat yogurt in a coffee filter then set in a mesh colander set over a bowl and drain it in the fridge overnight. Or just use greek yogurt.
While chicken is grilling, chop up the cucumber and the onion. Mix the cucumber, onion with the drained yogurt, add the lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
Place grilled chicken strips and tzatziki into warmed pitas.